The Girl Who Loved Clark Kent (ch.1 - 7)

Chapter 1

          I sat at my desk at the Daily Planet and stared at the gorgeous man with the clear blue eyes. He, of course, never noticed me. Just a polite nod Hello at the beginning of the day. He was in love with Perry's main reporter, Ms. Lois Lane.
          While Lois, beautiful as she is and could have anyone she wants, is just about completely oblivious to all the looks Clark gives her and all the things he does for her. My name is Kate Starr, the Girl who loved Clark Kent.

     “Morning, Kate.” Richard Halsman, the mail clerk and a good friend of mine, said to me as he walked in. He leaned over my desk and answered the phone that was ringing that I was completely unaware of. “Good Morning, Daily Planet.”

     I snapped myself out of my daydream of Clark and shook my head clear of any thoughts. He'll never notice someone as plain as me. Rich hung up the phone and smiled brightly at me. “He is one stupid guy if he can't see a good thing in front of him.”
     I blushed slightly, “He sees a good thing in front of him, she just doesn't see him back.”
     “Kate, you're way prettier than Lois. You just hide behind this desk all the time and those pants. Wear a nice skirt and a button up and you'll have her shaking in her $500 stilettos.”
     “Oh, please, you have to say that. We've been friends too long.” I smiled at his attempts to cheer me up. “I know it's useless to fawn over him.”
     “Whatever, Kate. Keep telling yourself whatever you need to help you sleep at night. I have to get to work. Lunch?”
     I nodded. “Sure.”

          ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

                  Chapter 2

          “Kate!” Lois ran over to me just as I was getting up to leave for lunch. Her brown hair was up in a ponytail that swayed when she walked. “Kate, before you leave can you check something out for me?”
     I glanced at the clock really quickly.”Yea, what's the problem?”
     She tossed me the newspaper. “Superman seems to be back. I know you aren't a reporter but, I'd like your take on this.”

          A few years back, Superman -the alien that does no harm to our self-destructive planet- disappeared. Lois was distraught, enough so that she wrote an award winning thesis on why the world doesn't need him. I on the other hand admire Superman for standing up to the army when they tried to make him go back to his own planet. And when said planet's people came to Earth to try and take over, Superman was there to fight them when soldiers couldn't. I looked over the newspaper article.

He's Back!!

Superman Returns!!

     “Superman Returns?”I looked at her and shook my head. “Sounds like a bad movie title. Who wrote this article anyway? There are horrible grammatical errors and this person seems to know little to nothing about Superman.”
     Lois cocked her head. “I wrote that article. I know Superman better than anyone else. What do you think you know about him that I don't?” She ripped the paper out of my hand. My first instinct was to apologize and shrink away but Lois was being an outright bitch.
     “Superman didn't just disappear. He let it be known before he went away that he was going to look for the life of his people on other planets. You, Ms. Lane, would know that if you bothered paying attention to anything but the fact that you believe you know him better than anyone else. You are not is only fan, if you are a fan at all. You want him gone, and now that he's back you're going to just eat it up aren't you? Because Perry wants you to. Next time, bother someone else with this. I'm on lunch.”          

          I stood up straight and went to meet Rich, who was standing by the door with a satisfied smirk on his face. I passed by Clark who was giving me a curios look. Lois stood right where I left her with her, hands hanging loosely at her sides and a look of utter disbelief on her face. At that moment, I didn't care that I insulted Lois. I just wanted out of the building as fast as possible.