CHAPTER 12

It was lavish in the mansion. I, of course, couldn't express that to Clark because I had to pretend I was under the spell of this alternate universe. But, hey, I glanced side-long at Clark, if this alternative place gave me him as a fiance then, pft. The floors are dark marble with fissures throughout the pieces making it look like we're walking on the stars. The walls are a beautiful deep blue with paintings and drapes hung along the walls. I looked up at the lights and looked up and up. There, hanging from the steepled ceilings, were four 7-tiered chandeliers all glistening like starlight.

“Does he have a thing for space or something?” I mumbled under my breath and saw Clark's head whip towards me, startled. I looked at him with a wide-eyed expression and opened my mouth to ask him what surprised him when I saw a small man trying to blend in to the shadows of a statue of man behind Clark. Me, wide-eyed and smilie, batted my lashes. I don't bat my eyelashes. Ever. “Where are we, honey? This doesn't look like the restaurant. Oh!” I squeeled. Yep, there I go doing things I don't normally do again. Clark cocked his head to the side, confused. “Is this where we're having our wedding? Oh, Clark, baby, it's beautiful here.” I purred and pressed myself close to him. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. He let me kiss him and as I did I whispered, “Behind you.”

Clark pulled away and smiled at me. “No, sweety. I'm here to see a man about . . . work. If he stops hiding in the shadows, that is.” Clark turned and stared right at Myxzptlk. He stepped out of the shadow with a smile on his face.

“Clark, my dearest friend. How are you and the lovely lady doing?” He chuckled creepy-like. Myxzptlk's eyes bored into mine, trying to detect if I knew where I was. It was creepy and unsettling. “Take the woman away. Show her the room of stars and let me and Clark talk.”

Clark's arm tightened around mine until two very large men dressed entirely in black pulled me from him. I was panicking but I didn't show it. “Don't take long, my love. We do have reservations for dinner.” I smiled at him. He nodded and smiled back. His eyes telling me things were not alright. I let the men show me to this star-filled room.

So sorry for this horrible chapter... chapter 13 will be better.... or worse lol