Chapter 20

Alexas P.O.V

We get to the restaurant a few minutes before the other van. Scarlett was quiet the entire ride here, I could tell she was worried about tonight. It’s not even that big of a deal but I’m glad we got to take a separate van. I’m not sure how well Scarlett would have done being stuck in a small space with Niall for the hour and a half drive into town.

“Hello my name is Brad and I’ll be your server tonight,” our waiter says when we’re all seated. We had to push a couple tables together for everyone to fit. Niall and Scarlett are on opposite ends of the tables looking everywhere but each other.

The dinner wasn’t as awkward as I though tit was going to be. Everyone was laughing and talking. I’m glad Scarlett wasn’t quiet the entire time, like she has been the past couple of days. I was starting to get really worried.

Tonight made me realize that Harry is a really nice guy. He made me laugh almost the entire dinner. I’ve always believed that a personality is what makes someone attractive.  If someone’s good looking and you find out they’re an asshole, they don’t look as attractive as they did before. It’s the same with people who are really nice. Someone could be not attractive at all and when you get to know them and they’re really nice, you start to find them more attractive physically as well. This is the same with Harry. I didn’t think it was possible for him to become more attractive.

“You alright?” Harry asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah, why?”

“You’ve been staring at the table for a couple minutes,” He answers.

“Oh. I was just thinking.”
“About me, I hope,” He teases and my cheeks turn pink. I’m so embarrassed that I look away.

“You were thinking about me weren’t you?” Harry laughs.

“Shut up Harry,” I mumble trying not to smile. Before Harry can tease me any longer Blake announces that we’re going to leave in 15 minutes, so he suggests we go to the bathroom before we leave. It takes an hour and a half to get back to camp and on the way here more than one kid complained about stopping for a bathroom break.

“Since we have a couple minutes, do you want to go walk around outside for a bit?” Harry asks turning to me.

“What about Scarlett and Niall?” We can’t just leave them alone. Well they won’t entirely be alone, but they’ll still be stuck in the same room together.

“I’m sure they can survive a couple minutes without us. They need to work out their problems anyway.”

I shiver against the wind when we get outside. Harry notices and says, “If I had a jacket I’d give it to you but all I have is this shirt and I don’t think it’s socially acceptable to walk around without one at this restaurant.”
“It’s the thought that counts,” I say laughing. We start walking towards the ally between the restaurant and the building beside it. There are no lights over here so I can only see Harry’s silhouette.

“So this whole Niall and Scarlett thing is pretty tense, right?” I say trying to make conversation as we walk down the ally.

“I don’t want to talk about them,” Harry says and stops walking.

“What do you want to talk about?” I ask standing in front of him.

“Nothing,” He says as he pulls me towards him and crashes his lips against mine. It’s a kiss full of desperation. Harry pushes me against the wall of the restaurant as I wrap my arms around his neck to bring him closer and deepen the kiss. He kisses me with such intensity I feel like I’m going to shatter into a billion pieces. Harry slides his hand down my back down my thigh and starts to lift up my skirt.