Chapter Nine

AO3 AN: 

I own nothing. All rights belong to J. K. Rowling.

MY AN: I also own nothing, not the story or idea. Rights go to original owners

Chapter Nine: Why Did I Even Bother? 

The time after returning to Hogwarts was hard on the Potter family. Charlie was ecstatic that both his mum, dad and one of his godfathers were coming to school as assistant teachers, even if only for the remaining part of the school year. Jennifer was disappointed. She was disappointed and also angered that they would accuse her of being a dark witch for something as stupid as not being good enough for them. Not being their perfect little girl, but instead an actual person.

She sighed, thinking once more about what they had been doing since they came to Hogwarts. Going through her stuff –of course, not finding anything- following her at night only to discover that she made late-night library visits, talking to –more like interrogating- her few friends, and just generally being annoying.

She got them back for it though. Several well-executed pranks that left them annoyed beyond words or red in the face from embarrassment.

Even with the pranks keeping them busy she couldn't get a moments rest, and after two weeks she was more than tired of it. In frustration she had gone outside together with Neville, hoping to get a moment of peace together with her best friend. They'd been outside for a while now, and it seemed that for once, she was left to be.

That was until the Malfoy brat decided to show up together with the two gorillas he called friends.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Potter and the Longbottom squib. Having fun sitting in the dirt?"

Jennifer looked up to see Malfoy standing just a bit away from them, wearing a smirk on his face while his goons laughed at the poorly made jab at Neville.

"Malfoy, I'm giving you the opportunity to leave right now. If you decide to stick around, you might find out what I can do to someone if I'm in a foul mood." Jay looked at the boys with a blank expression, just waiting for either them leaving or actually give her a valid reason (at least in her mind) to punch the daylights out of them.

"Yeah, right. And what would you do exactly? Talk our ears off about what type of dress you want to wear during your next gala? Oh, wait, you'd do that regardless." This prompted the boy into another fit of laughter.

Neville was looking uncertainly at Jay, not knowing what her deal was as of late. She'd been more and more aggressive since returning from Christmas break and he didn't doubt the fact that she could probably kick all their asses. Perhaps not at once, but definitely one on one.

"Is that truly what you think?" Her tone now had a dangerous tone to it. The boys stopped laughing. "Do you really think that I wouldn't pick certain things up from watching Charlie train? That I can't defend myself?" She gave them a smile with way to many teeth. The boys now looked nervous. Good, they should be. "I have no doubt that I can beat the three of you at once without even taking out my wand, boys. No offence, but you wouldn't be much of a challenge to me."

Malfoy didn't seem to know how t react to this, so he settled for turning red and started to yell at her. "Who exactly do you think you are? I bet you can't even take on a single one of us! You're just a stupid little whore!"

That did it, and Jay was on her feet within half a second. She moved towards them quickly and punched the fat one –was it Crabbe or Goyle?- in his stomach, who then dropped to the ground. Malfoy and the other boy had taken out their wands in the meantime, and were aiming at her. Before they were able to cast any spells at her she already jumped at the other boy and wrapped her thighs around his neck. Next she lt herself fall backwards, throwing the boy on his back while she elegantly landed on her hands and flipped herself back on her feet. She turned towards Malfoy, who seemed both startled and scared at her sudden attack.