Prologue

AO3 AN: 

Hello everyone,

This is the first fanfic that I've ever posted, so please feel free to leave pointers to what I can improve on. Also, my first language isn't English, so if there are and spellig or grammar mistakes, please let me know so I can correct them.

Disclamer: I own nothing. All rights belong to J. K. Rowling.

I hope you enjoy, and now on to the story!

MY AN: I do not own this story, Jane 271 does. I don't own Harry Potter!

It was quiet in Godric's Hallow on the 31st of october. The elder Potters had gone to an Order meeting and had left their twins, Charles and Jennifer, with their friend Peter Pettigrew. Little did they know, this night would change everything.

As the night fell, and the Potters left for the meeting, Peter quickly alerted his master that he was now alone with the potential prophecy children. As Voldemort entered the nursery, he looked at the children. Not caring whom he killed first, he raised his wand at the closest child, the girl, and spoke the words that had ended many great witches and wizards before this moment.

"Avada Kedavra!"

As the curse raced towards the child, there was seemingly no hope for her, as Peter was cowering down the hall, and there was no one else to save them. Suddenly, only a fraction of a second before the cures would hit the child, a brilliant green colored shield formed around the child. The curse hit the shield, and there was an explosion.

The Potters were in the Order meeting when the wards alerted them someone unknown had entered their home. As fast as they could the Potters were at the apparition point, apparating right in front of their home, and ran up to the doorway.

Fearing the worst, Lily and James entered the building and went immediately to the nursery, hoping beyond all hope that their children were unharmed. As they reached the door, a soft wailing could be heard coming from the room. The Potters looked at the devastation that used to be the nursery. Once perfectly painted, with toys laying around and two cribs, now a part of the ceiling had collapsed on one of the cribs, scorch marks on the walls and a half-burnt black robe laying on the floor.

Lily and James wasted no time to get Charlie out of his crib after removing the collapsed ceiling from the crib so that they could reach him. He was relatively unharmed, nothing more than a small cut on his forehead, in the form of a V. As James was trying to calm Charlie, Lily went over to the other crib, where little Jennifer was laying, completely unharmed and sleeping soundly.

After that night nothing was the same. The Potters were overjoyed that their children were alive and unharmed. All over the magical world one name was praised like a gift from Lady Magic herself.

"May more fortunate times come our way! Let's raise our glasses for our Chosen One, Charles James Potter, the boy who lived!"

Oh dear.