Ch. 49 Tears

It went through 6 songs trying to figure one out for the chapter.

(Breanna's POV)

This car ride has been uncomfortably awkward, Jake hasn't said a word to me after he lashed out at me behind bars.

If your wondering why I came to pick Jake up is because his mom called me, yep his mom has my number I don't remember when I gave it to her but still. Ms. Moore is on a business trip with her Jake's little brother and left Jake to take care of the house, she probably didn't think Jake was responsible enough to take care of his brother. 

That leads me to where I am now she asked me to pick him up after she got a call from his dad that he was at the police station. I never knew Jake's father was a police officer, but why would he tell me that.

It is four in the morning, I have school tomorrow and I am spending my time driving an angry Jake Moore home. What could go wrong?

The silence continues as a turn into his driveway, he seems to be very mad at me, or he just hiding something.

I park behind the gate of his house, he is about to get out of the car but I stop him by putting my hand on his arm. A buzz rushes through my fingers as I look him in the eye and he looks back.

We stare at each other for a good 5 seconds until Jake breaks eye contact and looks down at my hand. He then scoffs in disgust and shakes my hand off his arm, he then leaves the car without a word and enters his house leaving me astonished.

What the heck just happened? I sit there in my car for the next 5 minutes the event playing back in my head. Why do I feel so rejected, thinking about it makes my heart sting and my head spin.

I start up the car now noticing that it was pouring outside. I pull out of the driveway turning my windshield wipers on, I drive trying not to think about Jake. I focus on the windshield wipers and their steady rhythmic pattern as they remove the raindrops from the window. Is it just me or do those raindrops kind of look like tears.

I turn into my street slowing down as I come near my house, entering the driveway into the garage I lock my car and walk into my house. 

"Hey, honey are you ok?" my mother asks as I walk through the kitchen.

I turn and smile at her and head upstairs to my room without a word. As I get into my room I lock the door and jump into my bed not bothering to change into my pajamas, soon I drift off into a shaky slumber.

.............................

"I hate you Breanna, why can't you just understand that?" Jake says glaring at me.

"Jake what did I do wrong?" I ask him.

"Look at you, you were never good enough, I can't believe I fell for it before," he scoffs, "Thankfully I snapped out of it."

I stare at him in disbelief and look behind me seeing Ashton just standing there watching me.

"Ashton?" I frown walking closer to him.

He steps back from me shaking his head and with that, he walks away. "See ya around Breanna," he says waving his hand in the air to say goodbye.

"Ashton!" I yell.

"Sorry, you're just not enough," he smirks and walks down the road.

I look at my hands as they shake, tears start pouring from my eyes my hands catching them as they fall. I try to wipe the tears away but they just keep falling, my legs give in beneath me as I hit the concrete ground, it scrapes my knees as I belt out. My sobs grow louder and louder until they drown out everything else.

"Breanna? Breanna?" a voice says it shakes my shoulders as I open my eyes.

I sigh in relief it was only just a dream, I look up to see my brother staring at me with worried eyes.

"Are you ok, I heard you from my room," he asks staring into my eyes.

"Yep, just a bad dream," I state.

He keeps his gaze on me, "Are your nightmares about grandma back again?"

Now it was my turn to stare at him, I remember when I used to have nightmares about her.

I smile at my brother, "No don't worry, it's something different now, it's not important though."

He nods, "Good, but if you need me make sure to shout, I am just a room over."

He walks closer to me offering me a hug that I gladly accepted, "Thank you," I say.

"Don't worry, I am always here to protect you," he says closing the door.

As he closes the door I look down at my pillow to see dried up tear stains, it felt so real, I shiver and look at the time. 9:00 A.M! what is my brother doing in the house? Isn't he supposed to be at school?

I get up from my bed putting on my contacts, braces, glasses, and wig. I struggle to find clothes and just throw on a pair of jeans and an oversized sweater.

I brush my teeth put on a little makeup and head into my ugly van, grabbing the keys, phone, and backpack on my way out.

I start up the car and start driving to school, by the time I got there it was 9:23 and I had missed my first two classes. I park in the driveway running out of the car and barging into the school. I head over to my third-period class which was Geometry, the teacher won't be so happy that I am late.

I enter the classroom to find everyone silently working on an assignment. Really why did they all have to be silent, there is usually a ruckus in class.

"Ms. Hall glad you could join us on this fine day," the teacher smiles looking at me, "So what is your excuse."

I stare at him silently and shrug, everyone in the class is looking at me and whispering. 

"You have no reason to be late to this class, detention!" the teacher shouts glaring at me, "Go now."

"Who lit the fuse on your tampon?" I say to myself, but turns out I said it a little louder cause the whole class was laughing.

The teacher stares at me in disbelief as his face turns red with anger, "I don't know what has gotten into you but you got your self a Saturday detention too."

I frown, "Commo-"

"You want to make it two Saturday detentions," I shake my head and scurry to the detention room, why is school hour detention even a thing.

I open the door to the detention room and I totally regretted it, there he was Jake Moore but there was something different this time. Yep, Sarah dumbass Posten was sitting on his lap kissing his face off.

I enter the room and they stop making out and turn to me. Sarah smirks while Jake has a blank expression on his face.

Detention is going to be great...(note the sarcasm.)

《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》

As Always: CommentFollow me ;)VoteShareAnd all that other stuff(^~^)

As Always:
Comment
Follow me ;)
Vote
Share
And all that other stuff
(^~^)