-18-

S2

- Chapter 18 -
Found A Way

- Chapter 18 - Found A Way

I pull up to the address in Flatbush, Brooklyn that Draco sent to me for this Turkey drive

I pull up to the address in Flatbush, Brooklyn that Draco sent to me for this Turkey drive. It's the day before Thanksgiving, but it didn't feel like it to me. Usually I would be heading to Florida to spend the holidays with my mother and father along with Cordelia, but not this year. I could envision it being a complete disaster after what transpired the last time we saw them, on top of the news of my father's love child.

I asked my mother if she wanted me to fly her out here to New York so she could spend it with her kids, but she said no. I couldn't force her and I wasn't changing my mind about going to Miami, although the weather is better down there. I knew if I saw my father I would cuss him out and give him a mouthful. He deserved it because I'm sure my mother didn't give it to him. At this point I had washed my hands of that situation. It wasn't my relationship and if my mother wanted to stay, that's on her.

I pull my Mercedes G-Wagon over to the curb where I see Ares standing on the corner waiting on me like he said he would be. I push the button to put my car in park taking my key out of the ignition. I look over at Paloma who's in the passenger seat typing away on her phone. I didn't want to come alone, plus more helping hands are always welcome. "Are we here?" She asks looking up and around.

"I guess so," I say undoing my seatbelt. I look out of my side window making sure no cars are coming down the street then I open my door getting out. I walk around my car stepping onto the curb pushing the button on the key remote to lock my doors. I look around for any signs that say no parking or a parking meter.

When I see a parking meter by the car parked in front of me, I was about to walk over to it until I hear Ares says, "Parking is free for today and tomorrow." I look at him in surprise as he comes towards me..

" I look at him in surprise as he comes towards me