~Chapter 5~

It was Monday morning and Auburn was wanting to go on a walk immediately, sadly for her I had to sneak out of the house before my mother noticed I had left. She had forbidden me to leave this household for the past several days, desperately trying to make me quit my job before it ever started. It was seven am, the light of day slowly rising up to greet everyone. The sky was a light blue and yellow, the darkness slowly fading away over the earth.

The colors blended together and reminded me of something my Great Grammy used to say, 'Red in the morning sailors warning, Red in the night sailors delight.' No red streaks ordained the sky this morning, and I hoped with everything that it was a sign that this would be a good day.

I slowly crept through the house placing Auburn into my car with all the boxes in place from my nightly escapades. I had already placed all my things in my car at three am this morning, waking up early to put everything away while everyone was asleep. The house was almost peaceful during the mornings, with no crazy mothers or angry fathers storming down the stairs. I always had counted myself lucky for choosing the ground floor bedroom while my parents slept upstairs.

I walked back into the house on last time to grab my purse and keys, glancing in my now practically empty room I felt a wave of sadness. I was going to miss being here, while I never had been a wild child I had my moments. Once in middle school Sierra dared me to kiss Noah as a prank, everyone knew he was gay even though we were so young. My parents grounded me for a month after that, they were never big supporters of the LGBT+ Community.

"Oh, you're still here?" I turned from my room to see my dear sister standing at the doorway. She was one of the few people in our household that was actually happy that I was leaving. The little princess of the castle would finally be the top dog in the household. The queen bee of the troop, she would reign until college.

"I'm leaving now Sophie." I responded wedging my way between her and the door, she stepped aside and began to go up the stairs loudly. I whipped my head towards her looking into her eyes and seeing amusement.

"Am I being to loud?" She questioned with a smirk; her eyes locked onto my face watching my reaction. I didn't give her any satisfaction, instead I turned on my heels and headed towards the garage. I was walking through the kitchen when two hands wrapped around me from my back.

"You're really leaving." I could smell his cologne from here and he sighed sadly into my hair. I was clueless when it came to my brothers feelings, but I could only assume that he was scared of my living with a man he didn't know. He had already left the house a year ago and had his own photography shop: Ladies Man. He was quite popular always traveling for his business.

"If you had felt trapped her you could have just stayed at my apartment, Sis." His voice cracked slightly, his lip quaking and he breathed rapidly. He was always a worrier at heart, at least when it came to me and my safety. But I felt like it was mainly because he felt like he had failed me like he failed our mom.

"I'll be alright Mich, you don't need to worry about me." I responded as I wormed my way out of his grasp. I needed to leave soon before our parents realized that I was gone. If they got down here before I left, they would trap me back up in my room.

I turned around to see Michael, with a twisting pain on his face and sadness dripping from his eyes. Tears threatened to stream down his face, his hair messy and wild.  He hadn't looked like this since our Great-Grammy Alicia died two years ago, I don't think I've ever seen him cry so much. 

"Don't leave just because our parents are arranging your marriage, were stronger together." He told me picking up my hand pleading with me to find it in my heart to stay in the house where he knew I was safe. I shook my head slightly knowing I had to leave this place to have any chance of getting out of this marriage. He nodded slightly, understanding shone through his eyes and I smiled with him.