~Chapter 4~

(Emily's Point of view)

Yes. One simple word, did you know how quickly one little word could change your life. I hadn't, and even at this very moment I wasn't aware of what I had unleashed. He began to explain to me all the details of my new job and what it would entail. He still infuriated me but that was besides the point now, professionalism I just had to stay professional.

I had to start on Monday, four days from now leaving me just a bit of time to pack. He had a penthouse at the Cher Eclater, an apartment building known for their Exclusivity. My father would be able to get into the Apartment complex with no ease, but until I took over the business I wouldn't be able to. I told him I would have to bring my little Corgi Auburn, to which he replied his maid would keep her company when we were gone to work.

"Fenice?" I jerked my head up mentally wincing realizing I hadn't been listening to a word he had said. We were standing outside the building now, it towering over the world almost as if it was a giant and we were ants.

"Yes Sir?" I replied trying to pull yet again a single ounce of professionalism into the conversation, alas with no such luck. He was hell-bent on calling me that silly little nickname that I had yet to learn the meaning of.

"I am sure you will do great Emily, your strong." He put his hand on my shoulders, tingles erupted from that spot almost making me shiver. I looked over at him, no one had called me strong before I had always felt weak compared to my brother, he had the courage to stand up to our parents. I always carried out their will like a little puppet, no dreams of my own, just a simpleton puppet.

"Thank you, Si-" I went to say Sir again when he held up his hand to silence me, I partly missed the tingles that hand had left on my shoulder but there was nothing I could do about that situation.

"When were not working, call me Nathaniel then we wouldn't have to worry about professionalism." He asked me, I suppose he caught me in my own trap. There was no reason I could think of to not call him Nathaniel when we werent working. While I didn't want to I complied.

"Thank you for the opportunity, Nathaniel." I responded before getting into my car, leaving him standing on the side walk as I rolled through the town. The rain clouds were slowly breaking apart, the grey mixing with the periwinkle skies. I could hear birds chirping but no longer from fear but with rejoicing songs. They had survived another storm, and I was caught wishing that I could be like those birds.

'This is a part of me that your never gonna ever take away from me' I jumped as the song blasted from my phone, taking a couple moments to realize that it was Sierra Mist's ring tone floating through my ears. I clicked on the speaker button, trying not to hit anything at the same time.

"Sierra Mist?" I asked only to be met with the sound of moaning. I swear the universe was trying to get me to crash this car. Sierra was no doubt underneath someone again, or someone was underneath her, and she managed to butt dial me.

"Oh please harder Mi-" I pressed the end button immediately, I did not need to listen in on my best friends pleasure hour. No freaking thank you, besides she tells me about it enough as it is. I don't need to hear it either, she'd probably tell me about it later tonight.

I still had a couple hours to burn, not quite knowing what to do with the time. I could go home and begin to pack, however, I was unsure if that's what I wanted to do with my day of freedom. Though there wasn't much that I wanted to do, I would have asked Sierra to walk through the park with me but she's a bit busy at the moment.

I decided the quicker I packed the more time I would have to prepare to get out of this arrangement. I refused to marry someone I didn't love, I know many religions and countries still did this but I couldn't. I had to find a way to make this man seem less desirable to my parents, that way I could buy myself enough time to find the love of my life.