Rooming with Royals [16]

Start from the beginning

His sing-song voice once again annoyed me, but this time I was calmer and more prepared for his immature behaviour, so simply glared daggers at him.

"Speaking of kindergarten, do you still have the photos from when we were young?"

He asked, a cheesy smirk on his face. Oh, how much I want to slap that smirk off his face. And he bloody well knew it!

"I wanna see you when you were chubby Eros. Which, by the way, reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you for years... what did your parents feed you when you were young? Because let me tell ya, it didn't work out very well for you."

I knew he was making fun of me to get a rise from the laughter that could be seen in his eyes. It made them shine mischievously, causing my younger self to learn in just a few short years that this was the Remus to stay away from.

"Didn't I tell you not to read my mind?"

I snapped, trying to change the topic to, well, anything but this. I hope he doesn't ask my mother where the pictures are, I would be doomed! As soon as the thought entered my brain, I wanted to slap myself. I had just walked into such an easy trap again. Remus laughed aloud, thoroughly entertained by my stupidity, making me curse under my breath.

"It's not my fault that you don't put your guard up."

One. More. Time. If I heard that tone of voice one more time, I was going to do something I was going to regret. I don't know how we had managed to stay friends for this long, especially at times like this, when all I wanted to do was hurt something. Or just a certain someone would do.

I rolled my eyes to show Remus I wasn't impressed by his childishness, and started walking in the direction of the field that I could see Violet sitting in, under a tree. She had a phone in her hand and was laughing. This sight almost made me want to laugh too, though I was just as content simply watching her laugh from afar. She just looked so happy.

Eros! I chided myself. Stop being a stalker! Don't you know that's when the girls run away? Like in the opposite direction, screaming?

As I continued my internal monologue, I noticed her lips saying the word 'Giovanni', causing my eyes to grow cold. Giovanni was doing this on purpose, I just knew it. I don't know what was making me want to keep Violet all to myself, but it was almost driving me insane thinking of her liking some other guy. I mean, it wasn't like I was a werewolf that had only one mate for my entire lifetime or anything. But whatever it was, it made me want to not only keep her heart safe, but it also gave me this urge to keep her close to me. And even though I didn't know what it was, I was going to listen to it, and get rid of any competition that stood in my way.

If war was what he wanted, then war was what he was going to get.

Violet's P.O.V.

I said goodbye to Giovanni and slipped my phone into my pocket. He had said he was bored and wanted to talk to someone, and I was the only one that came to mind. I didn't know whther to fell honoured by this or not. I'm sure he had other friends, so maybe he was just lying and trying to make me feel special. All these doubts rushed through my head and I almost wanted to slap myself for overanalysing things. It was a simple phone call, we cracked some jokes and finally, he said that he wanted to go. The end.

I played with my fingers trying to think of a new topic and frowned. I needed to go to a nail salon, because my nails required some serious fixing. This made me shake my head and laugh. Before becoming a witch, these little things used to be one of the biggest problems in my life. Between getting my hair done, nails buffed, and making sure I booked my monthly spa treatment, I pampered myself like a princess. And now here I was, not having done my nails in so long that I was almost ashamed to look at them. I sighed wistfully. What I would give for just some plain, old relaxing time.