c h a p t e r 42.

Seohee~

"The press conference is in a few hours- I promise, Seongwoo and I will work really hard together. You and Guanlin will be okay." Bella tried comforting me, but I still felt anxious.

"I really hope so... I'm scared."

______________________

Guanlin~

"Remember what I told you. If you mess this up, I'm taking over the company again- I'll send you back to Taipei," My dad warned me. "So tell them what I told you. It was her who was trying to get to you, understand."

"Yes." I'm sorry dad... sorry if I lied to you this whole time about Bella and I, and even the baby. Sorry if I will have to disobey you again this time.

"Don't worry, it's going to be okay." Yiju hugged me.

"Don't listen to your dad. Just be honest and say what you really feel." My mom gave me a comforting smile.

We all headed inside the conference room, and once we got in- bright lights from camera flashes surrounded the place.

Everyone is here- all the media, my family, Bella's family, and so many other reporters and also staffs who work at CLV.

I sat in the middle, Seohee sat to my left, meanwhile, Bella sat on my right with Seongwoo beside her. Everyone became quiet, and an interviewer asked the first question.

"This question is for Emilia Yoo. Why did you work for CLV in the first place?"

"I originally owned a hair products and skin care business back in Seoul, but after a short time, the products weren't selling anymore because of all the new competing big companies. I decided to shut it down, and live a normal life. I've looked for many jobs, but there weren't any real good ones that came in the way. I suddenly got a call from CLV, saying that they want to take me as an intern- but when I got here, they offered me a job to be the new CEO's assistant."

"What was your first impression of the new CEO?"

"Well, it wasn't really a first impression..." She mumbled.

"Have you known him before?"

"Yes. We went to the same school, back when he studied in Korea, ten years ago."

Everyone in the audience started chatting, but went completely silent once the next question was asked.

"To Edward Lai- how would you describe your relationship with each other, ten years ago?"

"We were both really good friends. We often fought a lot," I chuckled "but we ended up dating before I left there."

"So you still had feelings for her, that's why you cheated on your fiancée?"

"I want to speak," Bella yelled. "He didn't cheat on me. Our whole relationship was just an arranged marriage, we didn't have any feelings for each other."

"How about the child you're expecting?"

"This guy right here, we've been together for the past six years, and we really love each other."

"The child is mine, not Edward's." Seongwoo stated.

The crowd went wild, and the whole place was starting to get really loud. I looked at the disappointed and angry faces, of both Bella and I's families.

"So, you've actually been single this whole time?" The interviewer asked.

"Well, not anymore." I honestly said.

"I'd like to speak," Yiju went up on the stage confidently. "I could see everyone's mixed feelings about this, just from the face expressions. But everything that both couples have said, are in fact, true. I'm Yiju Lai, Edward's sister, by the way. Edward has been in love with Mia for all these past years- there hasn't been a day where he didn't talk about her, even ask Bella." She laughed, and Bella agreed and joined her.

"Edward and Mia didn't have any connections to each other, so we weren't really sure if they'd meet again- but they did. It's fate, whether you believe in it or not. I know how much they love each other, and also how much they longed to be together." Bella explained.

"It's true. I went to the same school as both of them, and at that time, I was three grade levels higher. Lots of people envied them, because they were actually a really cute couple." Seongwoo made Bella's point stronger.

"Now that you've heard all this, what else can you ask us?" Yiju raised an eyebrow.

"Ah- um... why did you hide all this?"

"Because we also love our parents, and we didn't want to hurt or disappoint them."

______________________

I PROMISE YOU;)

Song: Boss by NCT U (엔시티 )
(That "I can be a boss for you" + this chapter fits so well together oml)