c h a p t e r 33.

Guanlin~

I told Yiju about everything. From me not actually liking Bella, to talking about what I actually feel towards Seohee.

"I already knew that it was fake the whole time, it was kinda obvious. Plus, you always talked about Seohee- so how would you expect me to think that you actually love Bella, when all that comes out of your mouth is literally just Seohee, Seohee, Seohee?" Yiju exposed me to myself.

"Am I really like that?" I felt a bit embarrassed.

"I know you, because you're my brother. Guanlin, why don't you do something you want for once? You've already worked too hard."

"I'm scared of disappointing everyone."

"I'm a big disappointment to the family, I hear that way too much... but don't you see? At least I'm happy."

"But I've already worked hard up to this point. Do I really just let all of it go?"

"Do you want to live with regrets, or do you want to take chances and be with the person that really makes you happy? It's not that hard to pick."

"But what if she has a boyfriend?"

"They could break up."

"What if he's wanting to ask her for marriage?"

"Well- he hasn't done it yet, so there's still time. Interference."

"I'm not doing that." I sat back and scrunched my forehead.

"To be honest, I don't think Seohee truly loves her boyfriend. She told me not to tell you this, but last time I met her, she told me that she still loves you. The guy she's with right now- he's simply just smart. He took the situation as an advantage to control her thoughts, making her think that she's going to grow old by herself, so he probably took the chance and made actions toward the words, "we're both single, why don't we just get together?" If I'm right, she's just infatuated- it's not love."

Shit.

Why do I feel as if she's right?

"You really do have Lai blood." I told her while clapping.

"Of course I do." She confidently bragged.

"You're the best," I patted her on the back. "Thank you."

____________________

Seohee~

It's already Sunday, and I'm still tired for no reason. I decided to just stay home with Woojin, drinking hot chocolate and coffee, since it's actually pretty cold at night.

"Ah. There's lose thread on your sweater, let me take it off for you." Woojin said, as he tried to get it off from my sleeve. While he was trying to get it off, it got even more tangled- it even wrapped around my ring finger.

"I'll do it." I told him, but he didn't let me.

He just slid of the thread from my finger, and it finally got off.

"Wow, your hands are so small." He chuckled.

"Rude." I snapped back as a joke.

"Babe, if ever we got married- where would you like it to be held?" Woojin randomly asked.

"Korea, because my family and friends are all there. Maybe in Busan or Jeju where all the water is... I want it to be like a beach wedding."

"Alright." He nodded and continued drinking his coffee.

"Why'd you ask?"

"To prepare for our future." He looked at me and smiled.

I suddenly felt flustered, so I went up to him and gave him a little peck on the lips.

"I want you all to myself. No Edward, no one else looking at you- just me." He whispered.

______________________

Guanlin~

I won't let Woojin win that easily.

I won't just stand here quietly alone and watch the person I love be taken away from me.

I'll fight for what was mine, and I'm gonna fight until I get her back.

I'm sorry to all the people that I might hurt in the way... but my sister is right.

I need to do something that will make me happy.

I knocked on Seohee's room door- my hand on my chest and the words lingering in my mouth, almost fighting its way out impatiently.

"Seohee-"

"What are you doing here?" Woojin looked at me, as if he's about to beat me up.

"I need to talk to Mia."

"For what?" He crossed his arms. "Get away from her. Stop distracting-"

"Why do you hate me so much? Do you feel threatened?"

"No?" He raised an eyebrow, trying to look all tough.

"Well, you should." I pushed him out of the way, and tried looking for Seohee inside her dorm.

"She went out to the store to get some more food for us. Don't go anywhere." He locked the door.

"I'm going after her."

"I'm not letting that happened."

"You know what? This is useless- I could just talk to her at work." I laughed.

"Wait. What are you going to say to her?" Woojin swallowed the lump forming in his throat.

"You don't need to know."

______________________

There's a hashtag on Naver rn calling Guanlin an outcast, like it's srsly pissing me off bc if Guanlin sees that he's probably gonna get really hurt smh:/

Song: Officially Missing You by Johnnyphlo (쟈니플로) ft. Schoolboy DUKE