Jaehwan

I'm happy with you.
My heart felt secured.

It would tremble, funny right?
The feelings you gave out, I caught them willingly.
Those feelings kept me waiting.
A heart belonging to you, certainly..
It's bright.

I would always hear her play...the girl in my dreams. Her sound being my getaway.

I would touch her hair, and poke her cheeks playfully. As she whined for me to stop.

And I would stop only for a bit. Then poke her soft cheeks again. As she would hit me playfully.

And I would chuckle.

My eyes were only on her. They never left her sight. It was as if I was glued to her ways. I just couldn't leave her side.

A diligent flower I wanted to protect. Something I saw trapped. A rose in the concrete I suppose.

Yet I wanted to be her safe gate. Her savior. Someone near her side. The person to hold her. A person to rely on.

Because I was her friend. Her only friend. And that was what friends were for.

My mind told my heart to stop the day we met. Yet my heart continued to look your way.

My smile would only show for you if you would continue to shine.

The night sky itself would be jealous of that smile.

Yes, the smile I wish to protect. The promise we made, I never would forget.

As you looked up at me with that pickled expression I couldn't help but smile back.

"(Y/u) let's go."

You eyed him weirdly confused as into why he interrupted your practice. "Go where?" You questioned before he stuck a straw in your mouth.

"To lunch of course, come on." He smiled before poking your cheek.

As you both walked outside with sweet breads in your hand you smiled at each other's jokes.

Other people were looking your way but you ignored as usual. Jaehwan was known In school  so it made sense  why, right?

You both sat at a bench where you usual sat and opened up the package to your breads..

Jaehwan took a bite of his as he opened his bottle of chocolate milk. He really loved milk.

You laughed a little earning a glare from him. "What is it?" He questioned. You smiled before answering, "Ah, Jae you always get the same milk flavor."