CHAPTER 3: Charms

Chapter 3: Charms

Hermione's POV

Where am I? Why am I in this room? This is not my bedroom, and this is no- oh right. I'm at Hogwarts

I am very excited to be here at Hogwarts. I tame my hair and walk down stairs. I look over and see Fred looking into the fireplace.

"Good morning Fred!" He jumps up and looks at me.

"Bloody hell 'Mione, you scared the hell out of me!" he says holding his heart.

"Sorry Fred," I giggle sitting on the couch in front of the fire.

"It's OK," he said and sits beside me. "Hey! Do you want to go to the library! I figured you'd want to get some book for your classes," he asks.

"Oh, yes, that sounds wonderful! Just let me grab my schedule so I can see what books I'll need," I reply.

We walk to the Library and I have transfiguration first so I go to look  the charms books. When I glance at Fred looking at a potions book, he looks up and our eyes meet. I give him a little wave and I return to my book.

Once I finish looking for my books we walk to the great hall for lunch.

Freds POV

I follow 'Mione tot the Gryffindor table and I sit beside her.

As we eat in an awkward silence, I keep stealing glances at the beautiful brunette next to me. She is beautiful, even when she don't try..

George jumps up out of nowhere and screams, "Surprise!" causing me to choke on the pumpkin juice I was drinking. "Sorry Fred! Good morning Hermione!" He laughs sitting down in front of me.

"Morning George. Fred, you okay?" she asks while smiling a little.

"I'm fine 'Mione. What you up to Forge?" 

"Oh nothing, just the usual. Go to class, skip class, pull a prank, get caught, and then get put into detention. What about you?"

"The same. You know you and I always have the same schedule" I respond with a giggling 'Mione beside me.

"What about you," George starts.

"Our little 'Mione," I finish.

"None of the things on your list," 'Mione answers.

When we finish eating, 'Mione sets off to her charms class while George and go to our transfiguration class.

Hermione's POV

Once I step inside the classrom, I see Professor Flitwick standing on a pile of books taking roll call. Afterwards he began teaching us the Levitation Charm.

"One of a wizard's most rudimental skill is levitation or the ability to make objects fly. Do you all have your feathers? Good. Now don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. Hum! The "Swish and Flick". Oh and annunciate! Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then!" he said and there were people saying Wingardium Leviosa everywhere.

Ronald Weasley was sitting next to me and he is saying, "Wingardium Leviosar!"

"No, stop, stop, stop! You're going to take someone's eye out! Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar." I tell him mater-of-factly.

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on!" he responds not too kindly.

"OK I will," I point my wand at the feather, "Wingardium Leviosa," I say with a Swish and Flick. The feather starts  going up.

"Oh oh! Well done! See here everyone, Miss Granger's done it! Ho ho! Splendid!" Just before he could finish his sentence, Seamus Finnigan's feather exploded in his face and is forced to leave to the hospital wing.

Just as I am leaving charms to go back to the Gryffindor common room I hear Ron say, "It's Levi-o-sa not Leviosar. She's a nightmare honestly! It's no wonder she hasn't got any friends!"

I start running to the common room, tears threatening to escape.

"I think she heard you..." Harry Potter mumbles to his friend.

"Whatever. Come on lets go." 

I run to the portrait of the fat lady. "Caput Draconis" I say running into the common room. I sprint to a chair in the corner and cry.