CHAPTER 2: The sorting

Fred's POV

'Mione? Where'd that name come from? I like it though, I'm going to call her that from now on. I thought as I walk back to the compartment George is in.

I glide into the compartment and sit down; not saying a word.

"What's wrong with Fred?" I hear Lee whisper to George.

"It looks like he ran into Hermione on the way back here!" he whispers back.

I look over at George and Lee, "I can hear you!" I tell them.

"Well then it won't hurt to ask if what I said is true." George smirks.

I will not tell them I saw Hermione on the way down here because they'll think I fancy her. .

"No I didn't run into anyone!" I lie and notice George whisper something to Lee. All I caught was "Fred… 1st year…..likes…" So I bet he said something about me liking Hermione.

"Shut it Forge!" I yell just as the train comes to a stop.

We walk out and get on a boat- Which just happened to be the one with my younger brother, Ron, his new friend, Harry Potter, and 'Mione in it.

We sit down with; George and Lee in the front, Harry and Ron in the middle, and me and 'Mione in the back. I'm kinda glad they sat me by 'Mione, I thought.

Hermione's POV

"Hey 'Mione," Fred whispers in my ear and my cheek flush, which makes him chuckle.

"Hey," I mumble, "Where'd you get 'Mione from?" I ask curious.

"I don't know, but if you don't like it I can call you Hermione." He whispers.

"Oh no! I love it…You can call me that," I whisper quickly. It would be my first real nickname and it sounds amazing when Fred says it.

"Good 'cause I like calling you 'Mione," he winks, "Oh look 'Mione! You can see Hogwarts!".

I look over and see Hogwarts. It was even more beautiful than I thought. It looked exactly how I thought it would. The boat hits the bank and we all jump out.

"First years! All first years follow me!" A teacher screams standing at the front of Hogwarts.

"Well I think I have to go," I said to Fred and George; more to Fred though, "See you later." I start for the teacher who I think goes by Professor McGonagall.

Fred Grabbs my arm and turns me around, "Bye 'Mione, I'm still going to save that seat for you," he smiles as he walks off. I smile and follow Professor McGonagall.

After a while, all the first years walk into the great hall and we began being sorted into Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin.

"Finnigan, Seamus!" Professor McGonagall calls as she directs a sandy-haired boy to a four-legged stool where an extremely dirty, patched and frayed pointed wizard's hat lays.

I'm really nervous that I wont get into Gryffindor and that Fred wont ever talk to me again. I look around the room, searching the Gryffindor table until I find the familiar red hair and blue eyes.

Fred smiles and waves at me; I'm pretty sure I am  blushing as I wave back.

"Granger, Hermione!" Professor McGonagall calls and I walk up and sat down on the stool where she pulaces the hat on my head.

"Ahhh, great potential for Ravenclaw I see in you," The Sorting Hat  speaks loud enough so that only I can her him.

Gryffindor! Gryffindor! I chat in my head.

"Gryffindor eh? But with a mind like yours, you could fit well in the house of Ravenclaw." The sorting hat implies.

Gryffindor! Gryffindor! 

"Witty and chivalrous, better be..." It takes a long time before the Sorting Hat shouts,

"GRYFFINDOR!" Wild cheers and applause came from the Gryffindor table as I step down from the stool.

I got Gryffindor! I repeats over and over again as I walk towards the Gryffindor table.

"'MIONE! Over here!" I hear Fred call. I smile as I sit by him.

"Congrats on getting into Gryffindor!" Fred and George says.

"Thank you!" I respond watching the rest of the names be called.

Freds POV

I looked over 'Mione as she watchs the names be called. She was so beautiful! I thought, No Fred! You can't think that! You just met her! I shake my head and look away.

"Oh so it's 'Mione now? I knew you liked her. Don't worry Gred, I won't tell" he said patting my back.

"I Don't like…." I cut off and say, "Thanks," instead.

We all eat walking to the Gryffindor common room.

"Night 'Mione!" I tell her as she heads towards the girls dorm. She turns around with a side smile, "night Fred!" 

"What! No night George!" Forge says behind me.

"Goodnight George," she rolls her eyes, walking into the girls dorm.

"Night guys!" I walk up the stairs to the bed that was calling my name.

Hey guys!  I don't own Harry Potter as you may already know… please favorite me/ follow me and please review…