Bonus Chapter 2 - Sadie

"Why is your hair white?"

I knew him! He's from pre-school! 

"Mommy says it's because I was in the sun too long. It turns back blonde later."

"So it's like a super power! Like a shape shifter!"

I wrinkled my nose. "I'm not a shape shifter."

"You can be a color shifter! Like, you can change colors to match the background! So you're practically invisible!"

"Like an chameleon?"  His energy spread contagiously, and I beamed back at him. 

"I don't know what that is." 

"That's okay!"

We smiled, and he grabbed my hand. "C'mon! I'm super fast, and you can turn invisible! We have to defeat the giant octopus monster on the jungle gym!"

I jumped of the seat in excitement. "Where is it?"

"Over there! We have to conquer the playground!"

"Okay!"

We charged towards the jungle gym. 

"Watch out for the monster's tentacles!"

"It's behind you!"

"Kill it!"

"Ahh! Now it's taking over the swings!"

We crossed ocean by ocean, hanging onto small driftwoods, then flew  through the skies on eagles. 

"I'll save you from the octopus!"

I squealed as he chases the octopus away.

"Yay! You win!"

"I'm going to marry you one day," he announced, after we've killed the octopus for the ninth time. "We can be the king and queen of the sea!"

I agreed without hesitation. "And we can kill all the octopus!"

"Sera says married people wear rings," he told me seriously. "And that the ring means I'm supposed to protect you and you're supposed to protect me."

I nodded, solemnly. "My mommy says I'm not supposed to marry people yet, though."

"It's okay, you can pretend marry me." He holds out a plastic ring. "Don't tell Felicity, I took it from her 'cause she was mean to me."

"Okay!"

He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek and I giggled. "Now we can protect each other properly!"

"Yeah!"

We went to kill a two headed-octopus this time.

And one voice cut through our adventures.

"Sadie! Come here! We need to go home and it's going to rain!"

"Grey! Dinner is in ten minutes and we need to go!"

"Momma, five more minutes!"

"Sera, no!"

We looked sadly at each other. 

"I'm going to ask mommy if we can come tomorrow so I can play with you."

I nodded, but in my little heart, I felt sad, and unassured. "I won't ever forget you."

"Me too. I married you, remember?"

"Right."

"Yeah."

"Bye!" I hugged him quickly as my mommy called me again.

"Bye!"

To say seeing him for the first time in the hospital after the accident was a shock.

A/N You guys can write/request a bonus too :)