Part 55

Greyson's POV

I'd like to say I handled the hair with manly grace, but I was informed that I sounded like a dying walrus by my oh-so-loyal friend.

Felicity yanked the plastic comb through my hair, and pain exploded across my scalp.

"You have ridiculously thick hair. Alex, hand me the gel."

My best friend cackles at my pain, gleefully obliging, and Felicity massages (painfully massages) my hair into the stupid douche-boy shape she envisions. She combs it all back so it looks like some sort of brown marshmallow mess is on top of my head. I look like a wannabe prep kid. Especially with this button up.

Nothing against them of course.

"Aw Gwey you look TOTES ADORBS!" Alex squeals in a high pitched tone, falling backwards in laughter.

"Shut up Alex, he looks fantastic. And you're next." His eyes widen in fear and he escapes the room. Felicity sighs. "Finally, he's gone."

She looks kinda scary in her red dress and fire-like makeup

"Can I go too?"

"No! It has to be perfect."

"Why aren't you on Alex's case?"

"Because you're more importan-"

"Aw thanks," I interject dryly.

"-t to Sadie, and I want her to have a fantastic time tonight."

I look at her in surprise. "Make sure she has a good time or I will personally murder you, brother or not."

"I appreciate you watching out for her, but that's kinda extreme, don't you think?"

She watches me seriously in the mirror with her freakily spider-eyelashes eyes. "Sadie is the sweetest girl, Grey, and if you hurt her, she will crumble. You are so lucky to have her. And yes, I won't physically murder you, but I will make sure you hurt inside out as well if you hurt her."

I know what she means. And I nod.

"Does this have something to do with when you went to talk with her that night?"

She smiles wryly, patting my hair. "Sort of. She's very scared of losing you. Apparently, after she lost her hearing, everyone from her life before the crash sort of drifted. You were the first friend she'd had for seven years."

I sit silent, stunned.

Felicity runs the comb through my hair one more time. "You look great. Now go sweep her off her feet, Prince Charming." She smiles and starts walking out of the room.

"Felicity, wait. I have something for her, and I need your help."

A/N My bro says my eyelashes look like spiders when I wear mascara. Boo hoo. I look fabulous until I take a selfie.