Part 29

Dimitri's P.o.V.

Agony was written all over Rose's face, and although she seemed as she wanted to scream, no sound came out of her mouth. However, as I realized that darkness had something to do with it, Vasilisa rushed inside our bedroom, Christian close behind. 

"The darkness," she said, "I felt it. All of it, leaving my body." She explained as she kneeled before Rose. She appeared to be working her magic, but it was not working. 

"Quick," Vasilisa said to Christian, "look for all the silver jewelry you can find in the house,and get Adrian and Oksana." 

Christian set to it, while Vasilisa and I waited. "Dimitri," Vasilisa broke the silence, "did she wake up before the darkness consumed her, or was she still asleep?" 

"She was awake," I answered her, "I had just told her the news about Karolina." 

The love of my life, once again, laid in our bed unconscious and without a clue as to if she was going to wake up or not. My poor Roza, at such a young age had gone though an endless amount of torture, and pain. Life is hard for a Dhampir, but for Rose, it has always been harder. 

Adrian rushed in, with Christian and Oksana on his heels. Oksana had asked us to leave the room, they needed to be alone with her. I didn't want to, and neither did Christian, but we had no choice. We were wasting time. 

Adrian's P.o.V.

I knew it was hard for Dimitri to leave her side, but it was best for the three of us to be alone with her. It was not going to be easy, removing that amount of darkness from her. Vasilisa, had much more darkness that Oksana and I combined, and all of it had gone to Rose in one single second. 

Rose's true aura was getting lost in the darkness, and it was what worried us the most. 

Before I could analyze my actions, I placed one hand on her head, the other on her heart, and with all my power, I began working my magic. 

Out of the three of us, Vasilisa's has always been the strongest. Especially when it came to healing. She had brought Rose back from the land of the dead, and still manage to help others. My biggest ability was walking through dreams, and reading auras. However, the moment I saw Rose on that bed, an inner power was reached and released. I gave more than I ever thought I was capable of, and healed Rose. 

I didn't think of the consequences of my actions. I just knew that charms were not enough, and the moment Rose woke up, I realized just how great my power could be, but also the consequence to it.

Rose turned to look at me, with all types of emotions written on her face, and her aura. I was so relieved that she was okay. For a moment I thought she was going to be killed by all that darkness. I had not notice anything aside of Rose being okay, when I felt arms reach me. Vasilisa and Oksana. "Are you okay?" they asked in unison. Me? Shouldn't they be asking that question to Rose, who almost got lost in the darkness forever? I saw her almost disappeared into it. 

"Me? I'm fine." I replied to them. Turning to Rose, I asked, "Are you?" 

"Thank you, but you have no idea what you have done." She answered. At the sound of her voice, Dimitri and Christian rushed into the room. 

"Roza!" Dimitri walked past all of us, and embraced Rose into his arms. "Are you okay?" he asked her. 

She turned to look at me, and then Vasilisa and Oksana. The three of them seem to know something that I still was not able to tell. But Rose soon explained not only to Dimitri and Christian, but to me as well, what  had just happened. 

"Adrian," she started, "Adrian, brought me back." 

"I know, you almost vanished into the darkness," I answered. 

"No, you don't understand," she said, "Not even I can completely understand how, but you did."

Oksana stepped in, explaining better what I had missed completely, and what Rose was missing. 

"Rose, the darkness killed you. Vasilisa was too tired to read it, and Adrian misread it. Yes, you were almost consumed by darkness, but it was your soul. Outside of your body, that almost got lost. Adrian reached for it, and brought it back to you. Helping you heal from it all, bonding you to him." 

I know, I am long over due. I have no excuses for you all, just that here is another part, and hopefully I can wrap it up on the next Chapter. I want to finish this "short" story. I really hope you enjoy it. Please, let me know what you think of it on the comments, and don't forget to vote. 

P.S. I missed this. I had lost touch with my reading will, and with that, my writing inspiration. It struck me out of nowhere. I truly hope you enjoy it. 

Love, BookLoverGirl94.