Part 3

Dimitri's POV

It's been almost two years and I've come up with nothing. Once again, Rose and Princess Vasilisa have disappeared taking Lord Ozera with them this time. Where could they be?

Court had given me access to many people and resources to find the last Dragomir. I had done it once I could do it again, right? But it seemed impossible. Maybe someone was helping them this time.

It didn't help when I had Tasha and Jeanine 'helping' and the pressure of the Queen.

Besides Tasha and Jeanine, Eddie and Adrian had joined the team to find them. Adrian usually tended to try dream-walking but it had seemed impossible, saying they were blocking him out.

We had looked in every neighboring state of Montana to its smallest city but had come up with nothing. Now we were trying the Northern East of the country. That is assuming they stayed in the northern side of the country instead of going south and that they were together, which neither one of us doubted. Rose and Vasilisa were bonded so they couldn't be apart and Christian loved Vasilisa, which made him always follow her.

We walked in the room where we gather every day to find new ways to find them. Jeanine was the last to come in but didn't waste a single second, "I think I know who is helping them." She said the moment she closed the door.

"Who?" we all responded in unison, Tasha and I standing the moment we said it.

"Ibrahim Mazur."

"Mazur? Why would Zmey help them out?" I asked, Zmey was bad news and I really hoped that they hadn't gotten involved with him. If they did, things might become a lot harder.

"I asked him to help me find Rose when she disappeared. He had said to me he never found her and I let it go. But now, I think he helped her that's why we haven't found them. If he wants to he will make them disappear with no trace." She was rambling, something Jeanine never did.

"The question remains Jeanine, why him?" I asked, in a colder tone now. She was hiding something that much I knew, but what?

"He is Rose's father." Well, I did not see that one coming. Moment of silence before Tasha rushed to her side.

"Then why hasn't he at least say to us that they're okay!" She was screaming at Jeanine to which she did not respond well. "I don't know Tasha! I haven't talk to him since he said he hadn't found her!"

"Call him! Right now!" I order her, not thinking that in all reality she was my superior.

She didn't question me though and pulled out her phone dialing and then putting it in speaker phone.

"Jeanine, what a surprise." The man who I assume was Zmey answered. "What can I do for you?"

We all looked at her, waiting for her to speak. "Are you in the States?" she asked. Why is she asking this, we need to know about Rose! She must've seen my expression because she held up her finger telling me to wait.

"Actually I am. I am heading to New Hampshire for business right this moment. Do you need something?"

Jeanine quickly got her laptop out and connected her phone to it. She opened a file in it and soon I realized it was a tracking application. She was tracking down the call.

"I got a lead on Rose and the Princess. South, in Florida, I was wondering if you could help me out by checking it on my behalf before I tell the rest."

Florida? What is she talking about? For some reason neither one of us question her although we all had confused expressions on our faces.

"Florida?" Mazur asked with curiosity, sounding a little amuse by it. Maybe, just maybe he did know where they were.

"Yes. Please Abe." Jeanine was begging him in a tone that I had to assume was one they shared as a couple.

"Fine Jeanine, but tomorrow, today I have business to attend to." He agreed after a moment of thought.

"Okay, thank you Abe. I'll call you tomorrow to give you the rest of the details." She said.

"Take care Jeanine." Was all Abe said before hanging up.

Once again, there was silence before Adrian finally spoke. "What was that about?"

Jeanine didn't answer she just kept looking at the computer screen.

"Jeanine!" Tasha yelled.

"Can I have a moment alone with Dimitri?" Jeanine asked the rest. They were all confused, but nodded and left the room.

"What?" I finally spoke.

"Abe doesn't like to do business in the Sates. He could be lying about the business meeting and instead he is going to see them, that is of course if he is helping them. But we have to try." She sounded exhausted and defeated but you could still hear the hope of finding them.

"Okay then we go, but why don't you want the rest to know?" this was good news, we've all been looking for some type of lead and this was the closest we had.

"Tasha. She doesn't like Rose; she has made it very clear for the last two years. I know it's because she is jealous that you have feelings for Rose and despite her being gone for two years, you won't give her a chance." I was speechless. How did she know? Has my involvement in the case given my motives away?

"Jeanine..." I started but she cut me off.

"Save it Dimitri. I know my daughter and she must have fallen for you because you were the only one that believed in her, up until you left of course. But she disappeared once already with a good reason doing what any of us would've done knowing the circumstances."

"You think someone threated her or Vasilisa?"

"Rose might be reckless, but she does things with purpose. Especially ones that don't look like it. The first escape and Spokane being prove of it."

"Okay then, so just you and me go then." I suggested. I had to go, no way was I letting her go on her own now, especially if she did find Rose. "Oh and by the way Jeanine, I left her because..." realization hit me. Maybe Jeanine was right about Tasha; I had left because of her.

"Because...?" Jeanine said to push me to continue.

"After Rose had a breakdown caused by the darkness she consumed from the Princess, we..." okay, here goes nothing, "We slept together at a cabin on the outskirts of the Academy. Somehow Tasha found out and she made a "deal" with me." I explain to her. She surprisingly took well the fact that I had slept with her daughter or maybe she decided that was something for later.

"What type of deal?" she asked.

"She wouldn't say a thing with the condition I gave her a chance."

"What?!" Okay, Jeanine was pissed now. "You left to be with another woman after you slept with my daughter?" she whispered yelled this time realizing that someone might be eavesdropping.

"I was never with Tasha, but I needed to buy time until Rose graduated. If it got out it was going to make it harder for her to become Vasilisa's guardian."

"Okay, well, we'll talk about it later. Right now we have to get going." The look on her face told me that indeed she expected more detail later.

**What do you think of it so far? Interesting or nah?**