B E G I N N I N G

Are you ready?

Hey, it's me, Grace, aka your author-nim. Thank you for clicking on this book and if you haven't read the first book, I suggest you read that before continue on here.

Again, thank you for clicking on this book :)

A lot of comments asked about Joon and wow, I didn't think you guys would really care for him, but I guess you guys do.

Let's flashback to when Joon and Emi meet after she comes back home.

~•~

Emi stood outside the front door with her hands gripping a gift basket.

Her heart raced as she waited for the door to open. It's been awhile since they last saw each other, so she felt some excitement.

She's always seen him more than a friend, but not in a romantic way. If that makes sense....Emi was never good with the title game.

It's confusing, yes, but the kiss was never spoken about again between the two. Almost like they both literally forgot about it.

Deep down, Joon knew he wasn't the one for Emi anyway.

The door clicks on the other side, making Emi's excitement grow.

The door opens and she was immediately greeted with a warm smile.

"Emi!" Joon's mother threw her arms around her.

"Hello!" Emi hugged her back with her free arm.

She pulls back and lets her inside the house.

Emi couldn't help, but notice how different everything seemed.

Different in the most amazing way ever.

Joon's mother looked like she gained weight and compared to how little she was back then, it was such a heartwarming thing to see. Her face seemed brighter too! So does her eyes and her skin. Her smile has always been the same no matter what. Warm and welcoming.

"I'd love to catch up with you, sweetie, but I have to run to work. We should make a plan for the weekend." Her busy hands grabbed her purse and her car keys.

"Uh, yes, of course." Emi lightly chuckles.

"Joon's in his room and there's food in the fridge if you're hungry." She quickly went over and caressed her cheek. "Oh, it's so good to see you again, dear."

"It was really good to see you too."

And out the door she goes.

What a glo-up, Emi thought.

Emi stares at the closed door with a proud smile. The feeling is too great for her to see someone you love became someone they've strived to be.

"I knew I heard your voice."