Kindly love me.

I had listened to the words Ada spoke very carefully, and took them each on board

I was currently sat in the salon, listening to mindless chitchat between a couple of ladies as they batted conversation between the two of them. One mentioned my name in a whisper, before they both looked my way and smiled sympathetically.

I immediately recognised the one lady - someone who I had grown to despise quietly over the months.

"Oh hello India, darling. How have ya been holdin' up? Yanno, since the death of John." She spat at me through a false smile.

Her friend on the other hand had sympathy flowing across her expression as she sharply slapped the other friend once John was mentioned.

"I'm fine, Lizzie." I responded dryly. She rolled her eyes at my rude words. "Hello." I greeted to Lizzie's friend who was sat awkwardly.

"Good afternoon!" She greeted, a smile forming whilst she received a glare from Lizzie. "I'm Mary, Mary kingling" she introduced and I greeted her kindly with a nod.

"I'm Indi, it's a pleasure to meet you." I responded before standing up. "But I'm afraid I've got some business to tend to." I stopped before looking over at Linda with a devilish smirk looming on my face. "Tommy wants me with him this afternoon. In fact, Lizzie... I don't reckon there's much for you to bother with at Shelby company anymore ya'know." I smiled rudely and she turned her head in shock.

Her friend, Mary, ignored my words towards Lizzie and stood to shake my hand.

"I must say, I wish I was as confident as you to go so short!" She exclaimed and I blushed a little at her words before thanking her once she complimented it 'suiting' me and said goodbye.

Truth was, that John had always thought my hair would suit me short

Since I wanted to honour his memory, I gave the short look a chance.