Helpless.

Pol shot up from her seat as Arthur carried me through the door, her drink fell from her hand as she examined the shape of me

Limp in Arthur's arm. "Wha' it Gods fuckin' name happened to her?" She questioned sounding astonished.

"Found her at Charlie's yard. On her own. She was attacked, Pol." Arthur spoke as he walked through the rooms, Polly following closely.

He carefully stepped through the spare bedroom door and placed me quietly on the bed.

"What on earth was she doing on her own?" Isaiah inquired as he stood with his shoulder leaned against the doorframe. "Surely more now than ever she should be fuckin' protected. Shouldn't she?" He continued, panic and worry clear in his voice.

He cared for me like a sister.

Always had done.

However, Arthur wasn't a fan of Isaiah's words at this particular point.

"No fuckin' shit?!" Arthur turned in rage and began to shout, but I called for him.

"Arthur" I quietly shouted and he turned rapidly to find me and comfort me.

Polly sat on the side of the bed, looking over me and reaching for my hand.

"I'll undress her." Polly stated, meaning for the boys to leave. Arthur was hesitant. "She'll be safe with me here and you two down there protecting her. You've got guns and plenty of alcohol to keep you going." She bargained with them, before pushing them through the door and closing it behind them. "Come on then, love."

I allowed Pol to undress me quietly and tend to my wounds.

I let her wash me over and dress me once more - she enjoyed caring for me.

Junior was in the room next to me, and sat with the two of us as we chatted quietly - pol's attempt to calm me down.

"Mummy, I love you." Junior said as he hugged me, kissing me gently on the cheek - just like his father used to do whenever he wanted to comfort me.

"Goodnight baby" I sang, hugging him tightly and kissing him back. "Sing our song to yourself before you sleep." I whispered and he smiled brightly. "Go with auntie Pol now." I ordered and he nodded, before grasping Pol's hand and walking through the side door with her.

"Everything alrigh'?" Called Arthur as he woke me from my daydream. He sat on the edge of the bed and smiled brightly at me. "Not that I worry or anythin'" he joked and I chuckled at his attempt.