Be my saviour.

"Ada!" I shouted as I ran through the door to greet my beautiful best friend.

"It's our house, John." I stated as I interrupted their conversation.

John smiled down at me as I left Ada's embrace and wondered into his warm arms.

"You're always welcome." He sang as he sat, leaving me space on his armchair to sit.

"It's alright. I'll be staying with Polly." She replied as she too sat.

She smiled at myself and John. "Always the favourite couple" she winked at us, and I felt John's arm tighten a little around my waist before he smiled up at me also.

He offered me his drink, to which I kindly accepted and took a swig of.

"She's in a bad way, Ada" John confessed, but Ada knew this thanks to my letters that I had sent throughout their time in and out of prison.

Ada and I kept in touch as much as we could - but with her being so far away, I missed her greatly.

"Hmm... I'll bring her to her senses." Ada replied and I shrugged, but John replied.

"Michael and our Indi here have already tried that."

Ada sighed as she looked down at her knees. "I'll get through to her" she boldly stated, although I think she too doubted her ability to reach through to Pol.

"I'm still correct in thinking you'll be at the New Years Eve party, won't you Ada?" I inquired, as I moved away from the previous topic.

"Yeah, who else is coming?" She asked and John started listing off names, such as Arthur, Linda, Michael and Polly. "Anyway - best be going. How's Arthur?" She called to John, whilst waiting for me to stand up.

"Ah for Christmas we got him a seeing kit." John sang as he sat into the chair, whilst myself and Ada headed toward the door.

"Why?" She inquired and I smiled.

"So he can sew his fuckin' ball back on."

"Oh." She laughed and I giggled along. It was right that Arthur had perhaps changed a little since being with Linda.

I saw Ada out and then went to check on our Junior.

John came in after me, watching over myself and Junior.

"Nice to have Ada back don't you think?" I asked. John nodded, and smiled gently before heading towards the kettle. Getting it warm for the both of us.

The door rattled as the post came through our front door. "I'll grab it" I called as I stood and let Junior play with his toys.

I gathered all that had fallen onto the group and inspected each.

There was one addressed to John - and I wouldn't usually open it.

However, this was not a usual post letter so I knew he wouldn't mind.

"Everything alright?" Called John as he stepped into eyesight and I held the letter up, he nodded as he meant for me to open it - which I did.

I inspected every inch of the card before opening it.

"Shit." I simply stated, which caused John to get his back up and rush to my side.