diciassette.

« lost in confusion like an illusion »

valentina's pov

'it feels so good to be home.' i say as i walk around the city center with my little sister.

'neymar is so hot, i can't believe you didn't get to ride that dick.' says teresa.

'teresa!' i say in shock but laughing all the same.

'so you're now home, what are you going to do now?'

'i have no idea, i might relax for a few days before trying to find a job. and then i'll have to find my own place, i can't rely on mum and dad forever.'

'don't worry about your own place just yet, for at least the next year. we never see you! i love having you around and mum and dad really miss you.' says teresa as we walk down the street.

'okay i'll think about. i just need to get my head around things, get myself organised properly.' i say.

'good idea, do you want a coffee?' she asks pointing to starbucks.

'sure, why not.' i say shrugging as we go inside.

once we've ordered our drinks and teresa has paid, we sit down at a table by the window.

'tell me, did you meet any hot foreign guys other than neymar.' she asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

'is that all you care about you?' i reply laughing.

'what? i'm just just saying! whoever it is, is still going to be my brother in law.'' she says taking a sip from her drink.

'well i guess you could say i met an old flame.' i say shrugging, she looks at me confused.

'paulo.' i say and she nearly chokes on her drink.

'paulo, as in the paulo?'

'the one and only.' i say nodding.

'how did that happen?'

'well i was staying at antonella and leo's ,we had this meal where they had a few people including gerard. we were talking until suddenly he had the great idea to set me up with leo's teammate who so happened to be from argentina single and my age.'

'he set us on a blind date, i didn't recognise him at first but then i did. but he didn't recognise me at all.' i say shrugging.

'and?'

'and what?'

'what happened? is paulo still hot?'

'well it was actually really nice, we just talked. and yes paulo is still hot.' i say laughing.

'so are you a thing now?' she asks and i shake my head.

'oh no, he did it again didn't he? that son of a b-'

'no no! no, nothing like that happened. it just didn't work out that's all.' i say.

i kind of want to tell teresa about what happened between us but i also want to keep quiet. but she is my sister, i can't keep anything from her.

'well it's not that it didn't work out, it's just someone had feelings for somebody but they weren't reciprocated.'

'he had feelings for you?' she says in shock, knowing exactly what i meant.

'yes, and he treated me so good and i ended up treating him like shit.' i say sighing.

'i played with his feelings, i did exactly what he did to me all these years ago and it doesn't feel good. paulo has completely changed, for the better, and by the looks of it, i've changed for the worse.'

'do you have feelings for him valentina?' she says looking at me dead in the eye.

'no, i mean i don't know. i'm just in a very confused place at the moment.' i say looking down at my cup.

'all i'm saying is, the heart wants what it wants. you can't stop your feelings for someone, no matter how hard it breaks you. i haven't met the ""new"" paulo but i'm not one to judge.'

'the worst thing was that before i left, i gave him one chance right. and he put so much time and effort into this one special night because he wanted to impress me. he even contacted alejandro and luisa who were both in different countries.'

'it was this beautiful boat on this lake, with candles and everything. but i got distracted by this sudden message from neymar and i fucked it all up. paulo confronted me and said exactly how he felt and it honestly broke my heart, i didn't say anything because i knew he was right.' i say sighing.

'and i haven't stopped thinking about it since, the way i was with him. that wasn't me. it's slowly eating me alive.'

'you should talk to him tina.'

'i tried but he blocked my number.'

'what about on social media?'

'there's no point, he's moved on. he's with bruna marquezine.'

'the brazilian model?' she says and i nod. she furrows her eyebrows and concentrates on the spoon in front of her.

this is teresa's way of coming up with a plan or an idea, you just have to leave her for a few minutes until she comes up for something.

'fly to italy.' she says suddenly.

'what?'

'fly to italy, talk to him in person. i'm pretty sure he'll listen if he finds out you came back for him.'

'but i just got back home.'

'i don't mean fly tomorrow, i mean next week or something. whenever you are ready but do not leave it too late. sooner rather than later.'

'you're right, but what about bruna? i can't just fly to italy and be like "hey there can i talk to your boyfriend?"

'leave it all to me sis.'

teresa is about to plot a murder! (lol jks) i have no idea where this fan fiction is going