24

Today was going to be a good day.

Kageyama felt the warm sun rays on his back. There was no way the weather was gonna rain on his parade today. The bus was silent, and the only sounds they heard was everyone was fidgeting nervously.

Tokyo was fascinating- but so far. After a few hours of restless sitting, a large skyscraper came into view. The sky tree.

He looked to his side expecting to see his redhead friend next to him, so he could share his excitement.

But of course, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Sky tree!" Nishinoya yelled out.

"The real one this time!" Tanaka said, sitting taller in his chair to get a better look.

"Keep it down!" Daichi called out. "Save your energy for the game."

They unpacked their things and went to see the place they were staying at. After multiple remarks on how big the place was, and how much fancier it was from the places the team had stayed at before, they were told to leave.

As they reached the main doors, the coach motioned at the team to stop.

"Listen up!" Coach Ukai said. "Our game is at 5 O'clock in the afternoon so make sure to conserve your energy until then. You guys can explore a bit of Tokyo, but don't go far."

"Alright," the team replied. They split up and most of them went on to check out the food here. 

Kageyema however, didn't have the appetite.

"Earth to Kageyama?" Sugawara called out, voice dripping with worry. "You okay? You haven't said a single thing all day."

"Sorry, I guess I'm just nervous."

Suga raised an eyebrow. "That ain't gonna get in the way of us winning is it?"

"No, sir." Kageyama mustered a grin.

The time passed extremely fast to Kageyama as before he knew it they were warming up to go. The entire day felt like a daze, and he was particularly in his zone.

They entered the large building and immediately, Kageyama felt a wave of heat hit him. It was extremely crowded and everyone was sweaty and tense.

"Karasuno?" A loud and cheerful voice filled the room. 

"Oh, Bokuto-san!"

Bokuto appeared behind a crowd of people, with Akaashi following close behind.  He approached the team and quickly scanned everyone.

"Huh, where's Chibi-chan?" He commented, noticing the middle blocker's absence.

"He's..." Asahi said, looking at the rest of the team for help. "Not feeling well."

"Awe really?" Bokuto said, obviously disappointed. "That's too bad."

"Yeah, did you guys play yet?"

"Yep! We won," Bokuto said as if it were nothing at all. 

"So you guys are against Tsubakihara Academy?" Akaashi asked, checking the list.

"I heard their defense is pretty good!" Bokuto piped. "Good luck."

"Thanks Bokuto-san," Daichi said. "See you guys later."

"Don't let us down." He replied, giving a quick wave before running off to greet someone else. Akaashi sighed and strutted behind him.

The gym itself was full of exhausted and nervous players and coaches, excited and anticipating watchers. It was all quite overwhelming, as even going against Shiratorizawa was nerve-racking. They were playing on Court 3, and as Kageyama made his way there he noticed himself shaking.