22

Kageyama couldn't emphasize how much he hated hospitals at this point.

Almost all his nightmares these days involved the setting being at a hospital on a rainy day.

Sugawara wouldn't tell him why he was angry, and he just seemed to sulk the entire way there.

The hospital wasn't too far from Karasuno High, and is close enough for a 20-minute walk from Kageyama's home. The walk there was already engraved in his brain- all the turns and roads to cross. He could probably sleep-walk his way there.

The hospital is a tall and wide grey building, and it was obviously very busy. People were rushing in and out of the front doors. Today was particularly hectic.

Kageyama tried his best not to lose sight of Suga, or bump into anyone. He made his way to the stairs, because the elevators were too occupied.

"Woooah!" A rather high-pitched voice exclaimed. "You're so tall!"

"Huh?" Kageyama looked around and didn't see anyone until he looked lower.

"Are you an athlete?" the voice belonged to a young boy, who seemed rather strong and athletic himself.

"Uh yeah."

"A basketball player?"

"No, I play volleyball." Kageyama's eyes quickly shot towards Suga for help. He wasn't at all use to talking to children, especially ones of such young age.

"Wow! I met someone who played volleyball too! But he was really short."

Suga chuckled, humorlessly, as he was blatantly ignored. But he couldn't resist the little boy's charm. For an asian, it was quite rare for someone to have such rare eyes (unless you're an anime character), but the boy had beautiful hazel eyes.

"What's your names?"

"Are you a volleyball player too, Sugawara-san?"

Sugawara nodded. "What's yours?"

"Satou Fukui!" The energy inside the boy seemed to be endless.

"Hey, Fu-chan!" An older boy, about Kageyama's height rushed over. "What in the world are you doing?"

"Talking to these guys!" Fukui said excitedly.

"You need to stop running off okay?" the older boy said, exasperated. "Remember the last time you ran off, and I told you specifically to never do that again?"

"But I met Shouyou-san that time! Weren't you glad I did?"

All three of the boys had an immediate reaction to the name like the word was a taboo.

"Hinata?"

"Oh... yeah do you guys know him too?"

"Yeah he's... our middle blocker." Immediately, Kageyama was embarrassed at the strange way he described him. Maybe he wanted to sound possessive or just simply say he played volleyball with them.

"You guys must be from Karasuno!" the older boy said. "I'm Satou Noboru, I'm sorry about my brother."

The brothers had a striking resemblance in one way yet so different from another. They were both rather unrealistically good-looking, even Fukui despite being so young. Fukui had a buzz-cut, similar to that of soldiers, while Noboru's hair stood up in the front, and he had the typical popular-kid cut.

The colour of their eyes were the same yet the feel to them were nearly opposite. Fukui's pair betrayed his age- young and innocent. They always had an excitement and thrill to them