Simone gave Jay a questioning look. "Pretty sure?"

"Too many questions," Brennan said from across the kitchen. Raegan entered the kitchen with a glass full of a dark red liquid in her hands. Simone turned her nose up to the glass, but Jay's mouth watered slightly as she watched Raegan drink its contents. Jay hadn't consumed her daily dose of blood since early this morning, and she was beginning to feel hungry.

"Blah," Simone said. "How you can stand to live with vampires is beyond me. I can't bear the smell of blood."

Jay shrugged her shoulders as she tore her gaze away from Raegan. "I've grown used to it."

Simone shook her head with disgust. "That's something I could never get used to."

"Alright, I think it's time for everyone to retire. It's been a long day," Brennan said as he stared at Jay knowingly.

Jay nodded in agreeance. "Yeah, I'm beat." She agreed, forcing a yawn and stretching dramatically.

Kieran rolled his eyes as he stood from his chair. This action caused Simone to stand from the table, and with that, she bid everyone goodnight. Once she was out of earshot, Jay decided to ask the question that's been weighing on her mind for the past few days. "Do you think I'll be ready by the time this month is up?" She directed the question to everyone in the room, but Brennan answered first.

"You've been working hard. I think you're making progress."

Jay refrained the urge to pinch her nose as she stared at Brennan perplexed. "That didn't answer my question."

"No," Kieran said bluntly. Although this was the answer she expected from Kieran, she didn't want to hear it. He was honest and did not sugarcoat her situation, but it deflated her heart more than she liked.

Jay nodded her head as she stayed quiet. She turned to leave the kitchen, but Kieran spoke up. "You'll get there, though." She knew he meant well, but what he said made her feel even worse. She continued her walk to her room and shut the door quietly behind her. Now alone, she could stew in her failure.

It seemed like someone had other plans as she heard a soft knock at her door. Jay didn't expect to see Raegan out of all the people who could have been on the other side of the door. She waved Jay to the side as she quickly entered the room and closed the door behind her. Jay stared her down until she finally talked.

"If you want my advice over your whole situation, I think you need to be put into a position where you could easily lose control but can rein yourself in," Raegan spoke lowly.

Raegan had piqued Jay's interest. "And that would be?"

"Clubbing."

Jay had never set foot inside a club, or a bar for that matter. The only liquor she'd consumed was at family events or high school parties, but even then, her parents came to pick her up from those. This was a whole different concept.

"I'm in."

Jay and Raegan spent the next hour getting ready to go out. Even though Jay had no experience with how to look when going out to a club, the internet helped her choose her outfit and makeup look. With the help of Raegan's extensive wardrobe and makeup pallets, Jay was ready to go out. She was exhilarated. Her entire outfit consisted of black, and she felt good, confident even.

"That feeling you're getting is finally realizing the emotions that come with being a supernatural being."

Jay smiled as she looked at her attire which consisted of knee-high boots, a leather skirt, a lacey top and a cropped blazer. Her brown hair was down in cascading curls, and her makeup was bold but not overpowering. "Well, whatever I'm feeling, I feel great."