56

Aspen walked into her closet, her eyes immediately darting to the left corner where all her dresses were located. She filed through all of them, her heart pounding out of her chest as she tried to find the perfect dress for her date with Zach.

The blonde took her phone out of her hoodie pocket, checking the time. It was currently 5:47 and Zach was picking her up at nine. She had just over three hours to get ready, and Aspen felt as if it was far from enough. She wanted to look perfect for Zach. Little did she know she always looked perfect to the boy.

Aspen groaned as she couldn't find anything she liked. All she wanted was a dress that suited the occasion, but she had second thoughts about all the dresses she laid eyes on. She turned around, looking around her closet once more. As she did, something caught the corner of her eye. Hung up with all her hoodies, Aspen saw a dress she'd bought over the summer but never wore.

It was a black halter skater dress. She stood on her tippy toes and grabbed it from the top rack of her closet. Quickly, she shimmied out of her hoodie and leggings and slid the dress over her head. She stepped out of her closet and walked towards her full length mirror, turning around once to make sure she was satisfied with her outfit from all angles.

 She stepped out of her closet and walked towards her full length mirror, turning around once to make sure she was satisfied with her outfit from all angles

Aspen then took a seat in front of her vanity. She opened her makeup bag and scattered all her products along the counter. She started with foundation, then concealer and contour, then her eyes, followed by highlight, and finally a matte lipstick. Once satisfied with the look, Aspen moved onto her hair.

While she was doing her makeup, Aspen's flat iron was already plugged in. She picked it up, wrapping her hair around it to crest soft waves. Aspen did this around her whole head. She smiled when she was done, taking a can and spraying her hair. Once it was perfect, Aspen unplugged the iron (happy meah?), waiting for it to cool down before wrapping the cord around its body.

When Aspen was finished cleaning everything up, it was 8:49. She sighed in relief as she finished ten minutes before Zach would be there. Aspen walked out of her room and closed the door behind her. As she stepped into the hallway, Aspen came face to face with her mom.

"Where are you going dressed up so nicely?" her mom asked, smiling at her oldest daughter.

"I have a date," Aspen told her mom.

And as if on cue, the doorbell rang, indicating Zach had arrived.

[ a/n ]
filler chapter. next chapter will be the juicy stuff:)