23

She stood among the crowd of fans, looking up at the five boys up on stage with adoration. Aspen still was a tiny bit shook by the kiss, even though it meant nothing. Still, her heart fluttered at the thought of it.

The boys grabbed stools, setting them up in a line in the centre of the stage. The five of them took their seats, each of them holding a microphone in their right hand.

"These next couple songs are dedicated to this really amazing girl I met," Zach spoke, his brown eyes meeting her hazel ones. "Some of you might know who I'm talking about. If not, her name is Aspen, and she's truly one of the greatest people I've gotten to know, even if we only just started talking a few weeks ago."

"She told me she loved Christmas music, and I told her I'd work something out. I thought she was crazy, but she just told me there are 131 days left until Christmas. This one's for you, Aspen," Daniel said, his smile as big as always.

The back track began to play the familiar tune of You and Me at Christmas. Aspen giggled slightly, smiling at the fact that the boys were singing it just for her. The fans around her screamed, but all she paid attention to were the melodic voices of Why Don't We.

Jonah began singing, a large smile on his face through every lyric he sang. Aspen's gaze traveled to Zach, who was also looking at her. He sent a wink into the blonde's direction. Her stomach felt as if it did a million flips. All the fans went crazy, thinking that the wink was directed at them, but both Zach and Aspen knew otherwise.

Soon after Daniel finished singing his part, Zach also began to sing. He stood up from his stool, walking over to where Aspen was standing. Reaching out, his hand reached for hers, and the fans around her screamed once again. He also reached for their hands to be polite, before walking back to his stool and singing with the other boys.

After that song, the band sang Aspen's favourite song, I Depend On You. She smiled at the boys, amazed by the beauty of their voices. Aspen was surprised that she didn't listen to them before, as their music was amazing.

The show ended too soon, the sweaty boys running off the stage with their good friend Logan. They talked about how pleased they were with the show before the crowd began chanting.

"Second verse! Second verse! Second verse!"

Soon the six boys came back into the stage, Logan starting to rap. Aspen laughed as she watched him spit out roasts against his younger brother. She had spent some time with him the week before, and the two grew extremely close. Logan would tell her funny stories about the boys, some slightly embarrassing.

Soon the Why Don't We boys began their rap. She had heard the song before, but still found herself impressed with how they could not only sing like an angel, but also rap. She laughed, watching the boys let loose while doing terrible dance moves.

This was just the beginning of her friendship with them, and she couldn't wait for more.

• • •

bleh i hate this chapterrrrrr

-dani