22

ASPEN stood in front of her full length mirror, doing everything to make sure she looked her best. She ran a hand through her bright blonde hair, pinning a piece back as she tried out different hairstyles.

She ended up redoing her makeup three times, indecisive on which look went best. At first she went all natural but decided she looked awfully young that way. Then, she did a heavier look, but felt it was too much for a concert. Finally, she settled for a look in between, one that she was quite happy with.

Deciding to leave her hair down, Aspen walked over to her vanity, plugging in her curling wand. While it was heating up, Aspen searched through her closet, looking for something, anything to wear. Even with the many clothes hanging up, she struggled to find a decent outfit. She cursed under her breath, wishing that she had more clothes from her house in Dallas.

Finally, Aspen decided on wearing a white cropped hoodie and some ripped jeans. She also wore a crop top underneath, knowing that concerts could get hot.

Checking the time on her phone, she saw that her Uber was here. Aspen walked down the stairs of her house, not surprised to see it empty. Sure, it was a nice house, but her family was never around and it felt far from a home.

Locking the door behind her, Aspen walked down the driveway to the black vehicle parked in front of her house. Opening the door, she greeted the driver, sitting in the backseat.

She looked out the window on the drive to the Roxy Theatre. She looked up at the tall palm trees in the blue sky. Even with the amount of time she spent in this city, Aspen still hasn't gotten over how pretty Los Angeles was.

After a twenty minute drive, they pulled up in front of the venue. She thanked the driver and stepped out, looking around. There was a sign that displayed Why Don't We: Sold Out. Multiple fans lined up in front of the building, and she joined them.

Taking out her phone, she debated texting Zach that she was here, but decided against it. He was probably busy with soundcheck, and she didn't want to distract him.

(a/n i've never been to any of their shows so i apologize if any of this is incorrect)

Soon everyone who had Limelight was let in, and that included Aspen. She saw the boys standing in the room, and her gaze immediately went to Zach.

The pair made eye contact, and Zach's mouth opened slightly at the sight of her. He thought that she looked even more beautiful in person. All he wanted to do was run up to her and engulf her in a hug, but he couldn't quite yet.

Soon meet and greet began, and Aspen stood in the line up, waiting for her turn to meet the boys. It seemed as if time had slowed down, minutes seeming like hours. All she wanted to do was run into Zach's arms, but she was stuck waiting in line.

The girl in front of her made her way to the boys, causing Aspen's heart to race. Here she was, about to meet the boy she had managed to grow so fond of so quickly. The girl took her photo with the boys then left.

Walking over to the five boys in front of her, she was first pulled into an embrace by Jack. He hugged her, saying hello.

"We purposely put Zach at the end so he'd be surprised," Jack whispered, pointing to Zach who happened to be on his phone.

Aspen then hugged Jonah, who pulled her into a warm, tight embrace. (a/n i heard jonah gives really good hugs). She smiled up at him, saying hi.

Corbyn stood next to Jonah, a large grin plastered on his face. It was almost impossible for him to keep from screaming something about the boy and girl he shipped so much. Instead, he pulled Aspen into a hug, freaking out in whispers into her ear.

"Please go kiss Zach right now," Corbyn whispered, letting go of the blonde haired girl.

She giggled quietly, making her way to Daniel. He grinned ear to ear as he hugged her, excited to see the girl that his best friend was starting to like.

"I'm so happy you could make it," he said louder than intended, catching the attention of Zach.

Shoving his phone into his pocket, his mouth dropped in shock, before a smile took over his face. The second Daniel had let go of Aspen, she was immediately taken into a tight embrace by Zach, who picked her up, spinning her around in circles.

Putting her down, he didn't back away from the hug. Zach just wanted to stay here in this moment, holding Aspen tightly in his arms. The two stood there in silence, arms wrapped around one another. They were soon interrupted by one of the boy's coughing, causing them to pull apart from each other.

"You're shorter than I imagined," Zach said, mentally slapping himself for that being the first thing he said. "You're even prettier, too. Not that you're not pretty on Instagram, but you also look really pretty right now, standing in front of me. I'm just going to stop talking now," he rambled, his rosy cheeks turning an even darker shade of red as he continued to embarrass himself.

"Thank you," Aspen giggled, though her words came out slightly as a question.

For the photo, she stood in between Zach and Daniel. Zach instantly wrapped his arm around her petite figure. She smiled at the camera, the boys posing as well. Just a second before the camera flashed, Zach turned around to kiss Aspen's cheek. Aspen also had the same idea, turning around to kiss his at the same moment.

With the two of them turned around, they found their lips connected to one another, the camera flashing brightly. The pair pulled away from each other quickly, but not quick enough for the boys not to notice.

"Sorry," Zach and Aspen muttered at the same time, soon being interrupted by Corbyn's loud screeches.

"My ship has sailed!" Corbyn screamed at the top of his lungs, causing strange looks from the other fans standing around.

Zach just laughed quietly, hugging Aspen once more before she walked away. His four best friends instantly began to tease him about liking Aspen, and for the first time, he didn't mind.

• • •

i know they just met and kissed but it was an accident lol

next chapter will also be reality!

-dani