Ugly Betrayals

I wake up with a start and look around confused. Where am I? I hear a voice next to me, "Finally! You're awake!"

I look around and find that I'm on the ground, in my garden, and lying next to Beckett. He laughs at my shocked and disgusted expression and shakes his head, "Come on! Your parents are waiting for us."

As I race to my bedroom to change, recalling what hand happened earlier this morning with Beckett and me. I quickly change into a light, lime colored shorts and a plain, white shirt. I add a simple, silver charm bracelet, braid my hair to the side, add a headband to it, a pair of turquoise flip-flops and the look is finished. I quickly run down The Grand Stairs, as my sister and I call it, and meet Radcliffe at the bottom of the steps.

Hand in hand with our designated pair we walk out to the patio, at the side of the living room, and get greeted by my huge family, my aunts included, and his tiny one. I notice a girl who looks like Radcliffe and walk towards her as Radcliffe gets surrounded my squealing sisters.

"Hi!" I wave. She looks up from the book she has in her hands. I point to it, "What book is that?!"

The girl turns red and shows me the book cover. I lean a bit closer and read allowed, "Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I've read that one before. Mind if I sit?"

She quickly shakes her head and gestures for me to sit. I frown at her attitude, but sit anyway, "What's your name?"

"My-my name, You-Your Highness?" she stammers, more like squeaks.

I laugh, "No need for that. Just Rosalina, or whatever nickname you like."

She smiles immediately, "My name is Elizabeth Beckett, Ro."

So my guess was right. I chuckle, "Be careful with that nickname. I think one of my sisters made that one up," she starts to look horrified, "But don't worry. She is pretty cool."

She clams and smiles a little, "What about the others?!"

I think for a moment and count the names using my fingers, "Oldest to youngest: My parents and Lilliac call me Rosalina, Ayana calls me Rosa, Jasmine calls me Rosia, Iris calls me Li-Li, Paige calls me Lina, Ivy calls me Ro, Daisy calls me Sia, Everly calls me Lia, Aliyana calls me Ina, Clover calls me Sali, and Aurelia calls me Briar."

I look over at Elizabeth and laugh at her expression. Elizabeth smiles shyly and scoots away from me as I roll on the ground laughing away. I hear eleven, feminine sighs. I get up quickly. I am met with thirteen individuals that share my looks. These creatures surround me, other than Mum and Father. They both have an amused, knowing grin on their faces.

I try to look innocent and speak meekly to them, "Please, please, please, don't tickle me! Whatever you do."

There is a collective sigh and wicked grin that goes through them.

Lilliac takes a tiny step forward, "Never, Littlest One."

Ayana and Jasmine slid up next to her, "Why would you think that?"

Then comes Iris and Paige, "What did you say?"

Ivy shows her trademark grin, "Why would you even say that?"

Daisy and Everly step up, "Do you really think that we would do that?"

Aliyana, Clover, and Aurelia step up next, "Aren't we nice, little sis?"

I look towards Mum and Father for help, but unfortunately, they shake their heads. I sigh and look at the Beckett Twins, Radcliffe and Elizabeth. They just look confused, though Radcliffe looks on amused. I sneak a glance at King Favian, who looks very much amused, and Queen Arabella, she looks mortified. I look back at my sisters only to find them in a semicircle in front of me.