"What's wrong with your friend?" He asks, his hand still creating shapes on my thigh.

I sigh softly before relaxing into him.

"I thinks she's hiding something." I mumble.

"Like what?"

"I'm not sure, but after I mentioned the silver wolf in my dream she got nervous and wouldn't look me in the eye." I explain.

It wasn't like Siren to keep anything from me. She's probably scared. I have no idea what truly happened and how long she's been away from our pack. Or what Jalex has done too her.

"You think it has something to do with Jalex?" Ajax ask as he begins to flip through the book once more.

"It might."

We sit in silence for a few minutes. The sound of the clocking ticking and the slow wispy turn of the pages was beginning to drive me insane. Ajax wasn't even half way through the massive book yet.

Siren should be back by now.

What if she got lost? Or fell down the stairs? Or what if she tried to run away?

"I'm going to go check on Siren. She's been gone for too long." I say slowly lifting myself from Ajax's lap. He grasps a hold of my hand causing me to stop right in front of him.

I look down at his gorgeous face and his captivating eyes. His full lips part, getting ready to speak his words. I felt like a fool, fawning over him. But how couldn't you?

"Octavia," My name glides off his tongue and I can't help the shiver that racks it's way down my back. "I'm going to keep you safe. I won't let anything happen to you. No matter what."

His words were kind and sincere. I give his hand a small squeeze and nod my head in understanding.

"Why don't you keep Siren distracted while I get through this?" He drops my hand and allows his to run through his hair. "There's a movie room in the basement."

"Yeah, why didn't you tell me that sooner?" I scowl playfully and cross my arms over my chest. A smirk rises on his lips.

"I didn't think you were into movies and tv." He shrugs and scans over the pages in front of him.

"I barely even know my way around this place." I say walking towards the door of his office.

"It's not my fault you never decided to explore." He says nonchalantly as he flips through another page. I stop immediately and freeze at his words. It was entirely his fault.

"I don't explore because my mate is a lunatic who is easily angered and likes to drag me by the hair." I glare over my shoulder at him just in time to catch his reaction. He shakes his head in disappointment before leaning back in his chair.

"I needed you to fear me." He says nonchalantly once again. His blue oceans rise up to meet my eyes and I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"No, you wanted me to fear you." I turn around to face him completely.

"Octavia—"

"Ajax, I don't want to fight you or get into an argument. The way you treated was me was inexcusable."

He stands from his chair behind his desk and makes his way over to me. He towers over me, his hands trail up my arms and around my shoulders before one is caressing my cheek while the other rested at the base of my neck. His thumb ran over our mark gently, sending a violent shiver down my back.

He leans down and places a kiss at the crown of my head, before placing another on my temple, my cheek, and my jaw. The hand that was once caressing my cheek had slithered its way down to my waist, holding me close to him. He places a soft wet kiss at the top of my neck causing a small gasp to break past my lips.

My cheeks heat up immediately with embarrassment. I could feel him smirking has he places a second kiss a bit lower. His touch had me paralyzed. I was frozen still by his touch, unable to move. Not that I really wanted too. I don't believe we've ever been this intimate before and I'm not sure how I was supposed to react.

He places a final kiss on the base of my neck, right on top of his mark. An electric current pass from my neck to my shoulders to my finger tips, causing me to shiver and moan in delight.

I jump back surprised slapping my hand over my mouth, full of embarrassment. Did I really just moan? Oh goodness.

A dark chuckle rises from Ajax's chest. His dark blue orbs were fixed on me, and I'm sure he could feel the heat radiating off of my cheeks from my utter embarrassment.

"I-I, um. I should g-go find Siren." I say backing up and nearly hitting the door.

The smirk the rested on his lips made my heart skip a beat and practically soaked my panties. How can someone be that attractive?

"Have you ever kissed someone?" He asks taking a step forward, closing the space between us and trapping me against the door.

No.

"Um— I, yes?"

"Hmm, that sounded like a question." He hums placing his large hand beside my head on the door behind me and leaning in. His lips brushing up against my ear. "I think the real answer is—"

"I have to go find Siren!" I yell, scooting under his arm and putting a respectful distance between us.

He turns around to look at me and leans up against the door. "Yes, you should." His eyes roam around my face before they travel down my body and back up again.

I could feel eyebrows furrow in confusion. Is he? Did he just—

"Are you checking me out?" I blurt out crossing my arms over my chest, feeling slightly vulnerable.

He pushes himself off of the door and makes his way over to me. I stand my ground, trying to prove to both him and myself that I'm not a scaredy cat.

"You're hot as hell." He says as he roughly grabs hand full of my hair and turns my head to the side. I grab onto his forearm, surprised. I could feel the fear build in the pit of my stomach but it quickly diminishes when he places a soft kiss on my neck.

"Go find your friend." His whispers out as he releases me from his hold.

He moves around me and takes a seat at his desk. I could hear the wispy turn of the pages before I speed walk out of his office in pure shock.

I close the office door behind me and lean up against it. I hate to admit this, but that was hot as fuck.

 I hate to admit this, but that was hot as fuck

Like & Comment.