Chapter 13

Octavia:

Octavia:

I sat patiently, yet angrily as I watched Ajax pace the length of his office. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes clouded with his thoughts and emotions that he held from me. His arms were crossed against his broad chest and his lips pursed.

I glare at him waiting for him to answer the question I had asked three minutes ago. He hadn't answered and had been pacing ever since. I was becoming angrier by the moment.

How could he withhold information about who this man is? Especially when he wants to murder me in cold blood. It's unbelievable, truly. My life has been in danger from the moment I left my home that night and the man pacing before me, is not making it any better.

"Are you kidding me?!" I burst out in rage, standing up quickly and slamming my hands down on his desk.

He stopped and turned to face me. His expression blank and his eyes clear with annoyance. He places his hands down carefully on the desk and leans forward his face merely inches away from mine.

"I'm thinking of how to explain the story in a way that doesn't reveal my whole damn past to you. So sit the fuck down and be patient, you little brat." He growls out lowly, but I stick my ground.

You little brat. His words remind me of the night I first met him. I had refused to get into his truck without an explanation. He was so mysterious and strange and he has yet to change even though we've mated for just over a month now.

"Just tell me what the hell you did to him that made him angry enough to kill me, your mate." I growl back. Did he honestly think that I would sit here like a lap dog while he thought of some elaborate way to tell me what he did wrong? He must be stupid.

"I killed his father." He slammed his hands against the desk causing me to jump back involuntarily as his words made my blood turn to ice. How could he do such a thing?

I regain my balance and run my fingers through my hair, suddenly feeling very stressed. Ajax murdered this man's father, which means that he will be hell bent for revenge. My life was at stake and it's all because of him.

"Why?" I whisper out, wringing my hands together in attempt to get them to stop shaking. I couldn't help be slightly afraid. I assumed that Ajax had gone to extreme measures, such as murder but to hear him speak the words aloud and admit to them made me questioned any feeling this mate bond made me have for him.

The thought of losing a father, my father was enough to break my heart and allow tears to well in my eyes. I push them back and blink quickly to relieve my eyes of the water that threatens to spill past. I take in a deep breath before looking up to Ajax who was once again pacing the length of the room.

"Why?" I ask with a more stern voice.

He stopped his pacing to look at me, his eyes sharp but filled with pain. A pain that I couldn't understand. What was wrong with him?