chapter seven. ♔

Start from the beginning

                Jake picked another person.

                “I’m not really fond of pigs,” I told him, turning back to face the rest of the class.

                The rest of class went by extremely fast. Everyone played basketball, and my team ended up winning. I had even made a shot after Jake had shown me how to shoot. It had scared me when he was teaching me. As soon as his arms wrapped around mine to show me the proper form, my skin felt like it had been lit with fire. It was a burning sensation that I enjoyed. I enjoyed it a little too much, in my opinion.

                When school let out today, I went to see Claire at her locker. She was with Dan, of course, but I had expected that.

                “Hey Daniel, I’ll see you later, okay?” Claire said when I walked up to them. She gave Daniel a sweet kiss before turning to me and smiling. “We’re going to the mall,” she informed me.

                We had just been to the mall this weekend, so I was a bit confused, but I didn’t say anything. Claire slipped her arm through mine and dragged me out to my car. We got a few funny looks from people as we passed by them, but I was used to that. This was just Claire and I being Claire and I.

                “Drive faster!” Claire yelled at me when we were on the road to get to the mall.

                “Chill out, Claire. I’m going 80 in a 60,” I told her calmly, glancing down at my mph scale.

                She groaned, tossing her head back onto the seat. What the hell was wrong with her? I heard her pull her phone out and text someone, probably Dan, of course. I just kept driving, going the same speed until finally we made it to the mall. I heard Claire sigh in relief as I pulled into a parking space.

                She immediately hopped out and stood by her door, tapping her foot impatiently. I just took my time as I got out and locked my car. When I made my way to Claire, though, she grabbed my arm and dragged me the rest of the way to the mall’s entrance.

                “Claire, what has got you so impatient?” I asked, trying to keep up with her.

                “It’s a surprise!” She chirped, a gleaming smile plastered on her face.

                I was still curious as she took me to the food court. I wasn’t hungry. Was she?

                “You seriously need to chill out,” I told her in a matter-of-fact voice.

                “If you knew what I know, you would be ubber excited, too,” she snapped.

                I held my hands up defensively. “Hey, no need to get all snappy.”

                The smile appeared on her face once more when we reached the eating area. I just rolled my eyes, wondering if I wanted to know what she was doing or not.

                “Sit,” she ordered as she plopped me down into one of the chairs at a table before continuing past me.

                I didn’t even turn around to look to see what she was doing. In fact, I was kind of scared to know. She had never been like this; well she had, it just wasn’t this bad. I kept my eyes glued on the table in front of me, tapping my finger to keep me occupied.

                “I’m back,” I heard Claire coo before she appeared right in front of me.

                She wasn’t alone, though. There was a boy with her.

                “What the-“ I tried to speak, but my sentence wouldn’t finish. I was flabbergasted at the sight before me.

                It was the same boy I had seen at the mall the other day. 

____________________________________________________________________

author's note: I know this is short, but this is all I got before I had to start packing for my trip. I said that I wasn't going to upload, but I did anyways. Becaues I love you! So that means that you should vote, comment, fan, and all that jazz. 

BY THE WAY, I WOULD LOVE A BANNER, OR COVER, OR ANYTHING. I WILL DEDICATE A CHAPTER TO YOU. (: 

P.S. are you guys still Team Ryder?