chapter four. ♔

©danceyourbleepoff 2012
edited by lovelyswagger21

Wait for the boy that would do anything to be your everything.” - Anonymous

Chapter Four
____________________________________________________________________

                Usually when I introduce two people for the first time I find their actions cute and sweet. With Ryder and Tiffany, though, I found them absolutely repulsive. He immediately asked her if she wanted to go somewhere and she nodded her head enthusiastically, biting her lip in an attempt to look sexy, but she just looked constipated.

                During first period, I had texted Tiffany to tell her that I had someone for her to meet. I got Ryder’s number from Hayden and texted him the same thing. At lunch, I introduced them. I didn’t stay around to see where he was taking her, I just bolted into the cafeteria. Claire, Daniel, Sarah, and Hayden were sitting in the same spot as yesterday, so I walked over to them.

                After seeing Ryder and Tiffany I had completely lost my appetite so I just sat there and talked to them.

                “I heard Jackson’s throwing a huge party for his eighteenth birthday,” Daniel informed us.

                “I’m in,” Claire and I chimed at the same time. Great minds think alike.

                Dan chuckled. “I assumed we all were. Everyone’s invited, and it’s going to be epic, knowing Jackson.”

                Dan was right; knowing Jackson, his party would be the highlight of the year. He had a knack for throwing them and somehow, they always ended up crazy good. I’m pretty sure his parents went out of town every weekend, too; then, he would throw a party. It was absolutely unbelievable. Not to mention his house was even bigger than mine, which is pretty freaking big. I didn’t have parties at my house, though. I much preferred going to other people’s so that I didn’t have to clean up the mess or be the one responsible.

                “Is Jackson the one who keeps pestering me to play football?” I heard Hayden ask Sarah.

                I whipped my head in his direction, surprised that he said ‘pestering me to play.’ I would have thought he already did play with his body build. I saw Sarah nod her head at him, not wanting to talk with her mouth full.

                “Pestering?” I asked. “You don’t play?”

                Hayden smiled at my confusion, amusement clear on his face. “No. Why do you sound so surprised?”

                “Uh…” I started, not wanting him to know my real reason and make it seem like I had been checking him out. “I just kind of assumed I guess.”

                That wasn’t a total lie.

                “Well, no, I don’t play football. I played lacrosse back home, but your school doesn’t seem to have a team, so I will just be playing on the local recreational team,” he explained.

                Well that explains his body build.

                “Hmph,” I accepted his explanation. “I guess I never considered lacrosse.”