Chapter 6

Tobias POV

I glanced at Tris as she grit her teeth. Her jaw locked, and the grip on her gun tightened. She turned slowly, her eyes narrowed.

"Hello, Peter."

As she said his name I could hear the hatred in her voice. He smiled, and for a second I thought he was here to be sincere. But the evil glint in his eyes returned.

"Tris! Oh, how've you been? I've been great, by the way. You look... okay. I mean you still lack a lot of stuff." He smiled brightly again. "Remember that night at the chasm? I swear, when I grabbed you, I co-"

I hear a smack, and Peter grunted as he doubled over in pain. Blood trickled down his hands that cover his nose and mouth. I noticed Tris has raised her gun slightly, and then it hit me. 

Tris just hit Peter in the mouth with the barrel of her gun.

I laugh. "Oh, the ever so pleasant Peter. We've been great by the way. Better then ever!" I stop laughing and let my expression become stoic. "Now, fuck off, and go rot in Hell."

The calmer, more timid initiates gasp. I suppose they've never heard such foul language. And, glancing at Tris's body language, she hasn't either. I'll have to apologize later. 

Peter sighed. "You guys truly haven't changed, have you?" He rose and smiled. "Don't worry. You'll be seeing me again. Soon." 

He turned, walking away. 

Tris is still in the same position when I look at her. I tap her shoulder and she snaps from the daze, looking at the initiates. She looked at me, and we shared a second of unspoken words. Then we continued the tour.

~*~

Tris arrived at the apartment before me. She was laying on the couch, her arm slung over her eyes. I could tell she was awake by her breathing. And she sat up when I opened the door.

"Hey," she said. 

I nodded, immediately slipping off my shoes and shirt. I went to sit beside her.

"Sorry for cursing earlier," I said, kissing her cheek.

Tris smiled and pulled herself onto my lap. She rested her head on my chest, her breathing steady and her breath warm on my skin.

She said, "I wonder what his plan is."

 "Something bad," I said, nodding slightly. 

A sigh escaped her lips. I let my eyes trace over them, memorizing every imperfections. The very light spot on the corner of her mouth, the freckle on her cupid's bow, how her upper lip was darker than her lower lip... My eyes stayed on her mouth, mesmerized. 

"...railing again." Her voice interrupted my thoughts.

I let my eyes trail upwards, towards hers. "Huh?" I asked, slightly embarrassed. I hadn't listened at all. 

A laugh escaped her. "I said I hope he doesn't try the railing again," she said. Her hand raised to brush away a stray hair on her face, but I wrap my long fingers around it.

"I will never let him hurt you again. Okay?" My voice is stern, positive. I give her a hard gaze, but she simply kisses my cheek.

Her breath is warm on my ear. "I love you," she whispers. I pull her away, giving her a questioning look. Suddenly I notice the seductive glint in her eye. How could she be thinking about sex right now, after we just confronted the person she hates most?

She's trying to distract herself, and you, a voice tells me. I shake my head. "No, Tris. I want it to be because it'll mean something."

Huffing, she pouts slightly at me. But I see the relief in her eyes- she's thankful I won't let her escape her troubles through such an intimate, special thing.

I push her from my lap, and stand. "Let's go to sleep," I say. "Or shower?" I let my voice tell her we will only be showering, nothing more. I refuse to become rabbits after our first time, I think. And I feel the same for Tris. I don't want to have a friends with benefits relationship. I actually enjoy ours now. A nice amount of intimacy, trust (I hope), communication, and honesty. 

Her blonde hair bobs slightly as she stands, taking my cold hand and leading me to the bathroom. Our shower is a quick, five minute one. We find it easier to let the other wash certain parts of ourselves. Her scalp is easier for me to reach, and my back is easier for her to reach. Perhaps we'll make this an everday thing.

Sleep that night comes quickly. Tris wears a casual black t-shirt, with plain grey socks and matching undergarments. I can tell she is cold, so I hand her a pair of my clean boxers. I sleep in my usual attire of sweatpants, the apartment cold these days with the light colored walls.

"Goodnight." Our voices chime together, and we have a small fit of laughter before the slumber comes for real this time.

~*~

I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED PART 5 I'M SORRY.

Summary- Initiates showed up (3 Erudites, 2 Abnegation, 4 Candor, 1 Amity), random person at the end. You can probably tell it was Peter now. 

Sorry!

I'll try to stay on top of this story, but idk. I've been in a constant state of writer's block for months.

See ya whenever,

~Blue