Chapter 4

The Ferris Wheel glowed against the darkness. Tobias grasped my hand. His were cold, and dry, while mine were clammy. I hope he didn't notice.

"We're here," he whispered excitedly. He rushed forward, and I followed. 

We began climbing it, and I watched him to make sure he was alright. He seemed to focused to be nervous. 

As soon as we got to the top, we sat in one of the old carts.

"So," he said, "happy Valentine's Day."

My heart sped up. "Happy Valentine's Day." Butterflies flitted in my stomach.

He looked at me. "Not to be rude or anything, but... erm... where's my present?" A shy grin appeared on his face.

I gulped. "Uhm, well, I was thinking I could just show you."

He nodded, puzzled.

I stood up nervously. My hands fumbled as I grabbed at the hem of my dress, and I held my breath as I pulled it over my head. I also kicked off my flats and took off my leggings.

I dropped them onto the cart. My breaths were heavy. I turned to Tobias, and heard his breath catch.

"Tris... What are you doing?"

I couldn't look at him. "I thought it was time for you to finally see me..." My voice was quiet. 

He stood, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You know I'll wait until you're ready, right?"

I nodded, placing my cheek on his chest. "You've waited a while."

"Your heart is beating really fast," he said, "so I'm not sure if you are quite ready."

I looked him in the eyes. "I'm ready."

He swallowed. "Well... The cart is too small, don't you think?"

I nodded. "We can go down there if you'd like."

"Or home..."

I nodded again. "Yes, I think that'd be best."

I pulled the dress back on quickly. Then I tugged on the leggings, and slipped the shoes back on my feet.

We made our way down, and slowly walked to the oncoming train.

~~

When we finally got back to the apartment, it was very quiet and awkward. We just stood in the living room, looking nervously at eachother.

Deciding to break the silence, I took off my shoes and leggings. I left them in a pile beside the bedroom door.

He's already seen you without your dress once. Take it off again! I listened to the voice, and slipped the dress over my head.

He looked me, and I realized just how exposed I was.

His shirt joined the pile of clothes. Then his pants, and we were both in our undergarments.

"Ready?" he said quietly. 

I nodded, and he grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a long, deep kiss.

Then we walked into the bedroom.

~~

I wake up at 8:00 AM. My back, pressed against Tobias's chest, feels warm. I looked at his face. When he is sleeping, he does not look so worried or stressed.

After staring at him for about 10 minutes, his eyes fluttered open. I smiled, and he smiled back. 

"How do you feel?" he asked, voice filled with concern.