Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Hand me your shirt," I told Tobias. I had been living in his apartment with him for 2 months now and it has been great.

He nodded, slipping off his black tee and throwing it at me. I caught it, then stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled and I went into the bathroom, locking the door. 

I took a quick, refreshing shower. Then I put on fresh undies and a sports bra. I slid his shirt over my body afterwards. I brushed my teeth and put my hair up in a messy bun then opened the door. 

Tobias was laying on our bed, his arm thrown across his eyes. He looked up and smiled slightly, then closed his eyes again and scooted over to make room for me. 

I crawled into the bed with him, cuddling into his side and tracing his features with my finger. I noticed the dark shadows under his eyes, and the stress lines on his forehead. He had been working in the control room so much recently. The other night he had come in at 12:30. Then he couldn't sleep because he was so tired.

His eyes fluttered opened and he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me onto his chest and I let him, laying my ear against his heart.

"You need to sleep," I whispered.

"So do you," he retorted, turning my face to look at him. His eyes searched my face, as if to find evidence. 

I did need sleep. I had been jumping trains and running a lot lately, just to free my mind of things. But I didn't need it nearly as much as he did. I knew if he didn't get enough sleep he would have more nightmares.

I rolled my eyes, then jumped off the bed. I went into the kitchen and made him some tea, crushing a sleeping pill and mixing it in. I tasted it to make sure it tasted right, then added honey and a sprig of mint. 

I took it to him. He smiled and thanked me by giving me a kiss, then gulped it down. He kissed me once more then laid down, and I looked at the clock. Finally he was going to bed at a reasonable time. It was 9:33, and I felt extremely pleased. Plus, it was Friday night. He could sleep late too.

I laid beside him, putting my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and focused on his heartbeat. 

I fell asleep to the thump-thump.

~~

My eyes slowly opened, and I found myself looking at Tobias's sleeping face. The dark circles under his eyes had faded, and I sat up to look at the clock. 

10:34, I thought. I had slept for 13 hours. Tobias was still sleeping. 

I yawned, then quietly hopped up. One of the advantages of being so small was being able to be quiet. I slowly crept to the closet and grabbed a charcoal grey tank top with black skinny jeans. I also grabbed some boots and a leather jacket with a black bra and black undies.

I quickly went into the bathroom and took a morning shower. You know, the kind to wake you up and wash you. I then dried off and got dressed. After that I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair.I washed my face and threw on some light pink lip gloss. It was winter, and my lips had gotten pale. I also put on a bit of blush for color.

As I walked out, I saw Tobias stirring. I looked at him as he slowly woke up. 

"Hey," I said, walking over to him.

He smiled. "Hey. How long have I been asleep?" He seemed too groggy to remember the clock was right beside the bed.

I smiled back. "Almost 14 hours. But you needed it."

He nodded. "Where are you going?" He asked, sitting up. 

I couldn't help it. My eyes traveled down his bare chest, looking at his chiseled muscle. I blushed when he noticed. He chuckled lightly, standing up and grabbing me. His arms snaked around my waist, and my arms wrapped around his neck. He pulled me off my feet with ease, and then he kissed my lips gently.