The Compound

Beginne am Anfang

Everyone's conversations were however stopped as the path they were following soon came out of the thick forest and onto a clear plain, with long grass mostly covering the ground, to the left it went into another part of the forest which went up into a faraway mountain range, to the right, the plane went down towards a river, and beyond that river where the shadows of tall metropolitan buildings and skyscrapers but right there, nearby just ahead of them, was a large compound with high, grey brick walls, and a large building which made a large part of the structure, "that seems to the location the voice talked about" Takeo said out at the sight, "we can see that Takeo, can you say something less obvious?" Nikolai just scolded, with the Asian grimacing back at him, "do you two argue like this all the time?" Kahn asked, "just because Takeo sucks, and because I have no fucking vodka!" Nikolai replied, Takeo just rubbed his face with his hand trying to keep his internal anger in check, "okay can we just get to that place before you two kill each other, my bones need a rest" Russman barged in like a whiny elder, walking ahead of the group, everyone looked at each other and just followed.

The compound's outer walls where rectangular in shape and were built for defence, as they had large wooden platforms lining the inside for people to stand on and shoot over the edge, this wall contained a large open courtyard which the large, metal gate immediately went into at the front half of the compound, the rear half however was made up of a large, multi-storey building which looked reminiscent of a run-down factory, with multiple windows and smashed, rusted machinery on the inside, on one side of this was a large tower which seemed to be primarily made up of a repurposed smokestack, with the cabin on top looking rather makeshift, the entire group walked into the courtyard to find a floor with a mixture of gravel and grass, a pair of old park benches, some large discarded pieces of fabric which could be used for a soft sitting platform, random stacks of crates, and burning oil barrel braziers which lit the entire area in a soft yellow light.

Everyone had made themselves home in the area, the entirety of the Tranzit group were sitting at one of the benches with all their weapons on the surface, Nikolai had gone into the factory to see if there was anything useful, Takeo had gone up a ladder to investigate the tower, Dempsey, Decker, Lennox and Richtofen has gone up onto the battlements behind the walls, while Kahn and Lilith just stood around and looked at the general status of the area.

Russman was busy messing with his MP5, as his War Machine laid on the table in front of him, Marlton was also inspecting his DSR-50, especially the scope as he made sure it was still on point, "hey Marlton, when 'they' finally come, where are you going to fight them from?" Stuhlinger asked, Marlton looked around and noticed the large smokestack, "I'm sure I can go up there" he pointed up to it, the rest looked up to it as well, "could you, you know, just snipe them from the battlements?" Misty mentioned, "Misty, I would have the best shot up there, and I would be able to cover all of the complex and the area around it, it's also a safer area as well" Marlton explained, "yeah, are you scared you would be lonely without him Darlington?" Stuhlinger teased, "shut up Stupinger!" Misty just barked back at him, then turned around to face Marlton again, "just be careful" she asked for, Marlton just nodded and got and started walking, however he was stopped by Nikolai coming out of a door, "hey guys look what I found!" he said in joy, everyone in earshot turned to face him, "what exactly did you find?" Marlton said in curiosity, "my life is saved! I found vodka!" Nikolai immediately brought up one bottle of many tucked against his side and took a large drunken swig, some people let out a sigh, Kahn in particular was pinching the bridge of his nose, but Dempsey was happy for Nikolai, especially since they were great friends, "is he some kind of drunkie?" Decker asked him, "he wasn't at first, but then something happened to him and then he became an alcoholic overnight" the marine replied, "did that German have something to do with it?" Decker continued while giving a sly look to Richtofen who was on the opposite wall looking out, "yeah, I bet he had something to do with not just Nikolai, but all of this shit that's been happening that fucker" Dempsey replied, however Lilith then walked up to the base of the wall and looked up to Decker, he saw her and noticed that she wasn't acting normal, like she had something massive on her mind, "hey Decker, can I speak to you for a minute? Like, in private?" she asked him, "sure" Decker responded, walking down the stairs to her, "see ya man" Dempsey parted, "I'll talk to you later" Decker said back, Lilith then weirdly wrapped a hand around his elbow and pulled him along to the factory, Decker was surprised, it must've been urgent if she was this willing to pull him along like this hard as they entered through a door.