Chapter 1 (Silverkit)

Silverkit sighed as she watched her siblings play-fight. Why couldn't they care about their safety for once? Why was she always the careful one? Shaking her head in disbelief, she walked over to the medicine cat den, hoping to talk with Leafsong. She always made her feel better.

Silverkit smiled at Leafsong as she walked into the medicine cat den, "Hi Leafsong!"

"Hello Silverkit, do you need anything?" Leafsong smiled back at her.

"No. Well... There is one thing...." Silverkit replied.

"What is it? Did one of your siblings get hurt, again?" Leafsong asked.

"No.... I was wondering if you would teach me about healing and herbs," She answered.

"Sure! First we have cobwebs, that are used to stop bleeding. Then we have sticks, that we give to queens when they are giving birth, to bite down on. Poppy seeds lower the pain. Then-" Leafsong was cut off when a ginger tom came into the den, bleeding badly, Gingerkit.

"Are you OK Gingerkit?" Silverkit asked worriedly.

"Yes... Well.... Sort of..... Not really.... No...." He replied.

"Silverkit, do you know what he needs?" Leafsong asked.

"Cobwebs and, probably, a poppy seed," She answered after a while.

"Well done," Replied Leafsong before getting them. She was looking at Silverkit thoughtfully.

"It hurts!" Complained Gingerkit.

"Stop moving, Gingerkit." Replied Leafsong, sighing as she aplied the cobwebs, "Eat the poppy seed." she said, giving Gingerkit three poppy seeds. Gingerkit groaned and did as she said.

"Will he be OK?" Silverkit asked Leafsong.

"Yes," Leafsong answered, "If he keeps still..."

Then Silverkit knew what she wanted more than anything else. She wanted to be the medicine cat apprentice.