6

*three months later*
Chris' POV
"It's going to be 16 songs long the deluxe version will have 18 total. Your lyrics are very versatile... I've seen you spit, cry, smile, turn up.. and get turned on... we'll need all of those elements in this album. Boom, you'll be guaranteed a Grammy on the spot...."
I sat there nodding my head, following along as Jay explained the fine print of what my actual album is going to look like.. well.. sound like. We conversed over dinner that Rob cooked, I know Jay is my boss but we became good friends along the past few months.

Wifey wasn't home, she went to drop jr off at moms, leaving Jay alone with me telling me exactly how to perfect my first album to show the world Im "the real deal" I've recorded over 20 songs, how many of those will be on the album? I don't know.. jay just keeps wanting me to write and record then record what others are writing, once we have over a good 100 that are solid recorded we will do album cuts.

"The intro song has to be SOLID. If that ain't poppin no one is going to care about the rest of the album. BUT you just can't make one good intro song then the rest is trash, make sure it's consistent banger after banger one better than the last, close out with the best... what you want everyone to remember until the next album."

I chewed and blinked for him to continue.

"I was thinking we start off with a love song. Set a good tone, then you can go to your happy-turn up- end with sads"

"How about sads first, so everyone can be depressed then turn up THEN happy so we can leave on a good note. I ain't tryna have these people end up being so sad that they don't give me a good review"

I nervously spit out.. jay chuckled.

"I knew I liked you for a reason. You're a smart boy chris. That's a perfect idea... love-sad-turn up-happy. I like it."

I smiled and continued to finish my meal.

"Have you thought about an album cover yet?"

"I was thinking about some cool artistic shit or like a really dope photoshoot with art.."

"You really like art" he paused and looked around the house "obviously" he chuckled "You thought of a name yet boy?"

"F.A.M.E"

He looked at me confused so I cleared it up...

"Forgive all by enemies.... if I get fans then they'll be my everything so... family/fans are my everything."

Jay smiled his approval and was silent the rest of the meal. In his head he thought about how amazing of a person chris was and how lucky he was to get and befriend him.

-
*third person*

As Jay left, Rob walked in.. they greeted outside and went their separate ways. Noticing she was home chris sprinted from his fun area to her, picking her up and twirling her around. Huge smiles on their faces love in their hearts.

"Put me down chris! Gon' have me puke all over you"

Chris made a stank face and gently dropped her down to her feet again, gracing his fingers under her chin, he tilted her head up and lightly placed his feather soft lips on hers.

Pulling back they rested their foreheads upon each other's...

"Someone missed me" Robyn said with a smirk.

"Of course baby... I can't live without you.. you know that."

They stared into each other's eyes for a little before chris remembered something, quickly grabbing her hand he pulled her into one of the living rooms as he lightly pushed her down to the couch and plugged his phone into the projector. His eyes lit up as did the screen.