Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

I mean I trusted him fully.  Nothing every separated even after all these years.  Nothing had ever made him so angry at me.   I mean I know my mum always said she would love us no matter what, but what if she only said that because she never thought I would turn out being gay.  What if she didn’t even think she would have to deal with that?  What if she hates me, and kicks me out?  What if she is disappointed instead and is scared she will never have any grandbabies from me?  What if she -

“Harry?”,Lou said softly holding the side of my face lifting it so I can look into his concerned but still nervous blue eyes.

I can feel the tears start to pile up in my vision blurring his face, but I just blink them away and smile back at him trying to pep myself up for what we were about to do.  I can’t just cry and expect my mum to come and help me anymore.  I need to just be honest with her and everyone.  I need to be myself.  No more lies.  No more hiding.  Just Lou and I.  Simple as that.

“m’fine Lou.  Are you ready?”, I ask him pulling him closer to help calm my still growing nerves.

He full on laughs right there and just seeing him with a bright smile on his face and the adorable crinkles that grow on the side of his eyes makes me feel a little better than before,”No!  I am about to meet the person that brought you into this world in the hopes that she accepts you and likes me.  I am nervous as hell!”

You would think that this would just remind me of all the “What if’s” I had cycling through my thoughts, but if anything it made me feel less alone.  Louis and I were together in this and if the ship goes down we are going down together.  Plus I know that Gemma will always be there for the two of us and that is something I will always be grateful for.  She can be a pain most of the time, but when you really need her she is always there.

I place a small kiss to Louis’ lips and pull away saying,”Me too, but this is what we have to do.”

I think he know I am only saying these things to more myself than him.  I take both his hands in mine and look into his eyes once more before saying softly and confidently,”I love you.”

He watch his eyes smiles before the rest of his face does,”I love you too, Harry.”

“Not to ruin this adorable-mushy-nervous-lovey-dovey breakdown, but mum is here.  She just pulled in.”, Gemma said in a rush as she walked into the kitchen and then back out.  I heard the front door open and my mum’s voice,”Oh hey Gemma!  Can you take this to my room before I drop it and. .”  I didn’t bother listening anymore because none of it mattered.

Immediately a rush of adrenaline sparked in the pit of my stomach causing my heart rate to skyrocket and a lump to form in my throat.  We are really doing this?  We are really doing this?!

I didn’t say a word but I just gave Lou’s hands as small squeeze before we had to let go and break apart.  As I walked out of the kitchen and into the lounge I found my mother taking her jacket off her, back to me.  Louis was standing beside me, but still a bit behind me as if he weren't sure where he was supposed to stand.  

When she turned around to from placing her jacket on the hook she saw Louis and said,”Oh hello you must be Louis, Harry’s friend.  Gemma told me you’re joining us for dinner tonight?”