CHAPTER 24: Resolve

YOUR POV

Every time your phone buzzed you peeked at it. You were always met with disappointment. It was never Finn. Mostly, it was fans, choosing sides. Eventually, you gave up, shut off your phone, and rolled back into a ball on your bed.

"Knock, knock..." Millie's melodic voice rang into your room as you heard her footsteps get closer to your bed. You picked your head up to acknowledge her presence and then buried it into the comfort of your pillow. "I texted you..." you heard her pick your phone up, "Oh, you turned your phone off." Her voice trailed off at the end. Your bed sank by your feet, telling you she was sitting there. "I slapped him."

Your head perked up. Honestly, you couldn't tell if you were happy or sympathetic. He deserved it, but he also deserved the world. Sitting up, Millie smiled, but you could read through it. It was clearly a pity smile. "Go on..." you whispered and she continued as you listened like a five year old to their teacher.

LATER THAT NIGHT

"Y/n," Millie's voice was shaky and hesitant. You began to grow worried. Slowly, you responded, "Yeeess?" She shoved the illuminated screen of your phone into your face. You immediately saw the name. It both crushed you and made your heart fly.

Finn 💗
Hey, can we talk somewhere?

You frantically looked up at Millie, panic flooding your face. What were you supposed to do? "You should. After all, he just got slapped and is getting a shit ton of hate," Millie sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

You nodded and wiped the cold tear that made its way down your warm cheek.

{I would've updated sooner but my phone was being weird and the chapter wasn't showing up}