CHAPTER 15: Saved

You decided to skip school the next day. You could barely get out of bed. Thankfully, both of your parents go to work ridiculously early.

However, as you lied in your bed listening to sad indie music, you felt the urge to run. Maybe not physically, but mentally. You wanted to run from your problems. But you couldn't, so a jog might be the next best option. It might be a good distraction.

You slipped on black leggings and a grey Nike hoodie to protect you from the cold. You tied on your running sneakers and left your phone on your nightstand. You didn't want to have the option of seeing what others were saying about you. Closing your front door behind you, you ran.

You ran down Main Street, looking through the windows at the different storefronts. After a while, you noticed you were being followed. Fans were actually jogging behind you with their phones out. You tried to ignore them and continue running, but as you turned a corner, a herd of paparazzi blocked you.

You came to a sudden halt. "Excuse me..." You quietly said, but it was no use. The paparazzi shoved bright, flashing cameras in your face. The white lights were blinding you. Everyone shouted your name and asked you personal questions. They screamed directions to face so they could get a better look at you. You felt trapped. You were surrounded and there was no way to get out. Being quite vertically challenged, it seemed as if the paparazzi was above you, too. You were pushed up against a brick wall. You were so scared, you sat on the ground and wrapped your arms around your legs and dug you head into your legs. You sat like a little ball, waiting for them to leave. Tear streamed down your face.

Out of no where, you heard a loud, "Get the fuck away from her!" and a scream. You looked up with tear filled eyes and saw a paparazzi with his bloody nose in his hand. You looked more to your right and saw Finn looking down at you.

"Y/n, oh my god," he grabbed your upper arm and pulled you up

"Y/n, oh my god," he grabbed your upper arm and pulled you up. You pulled you in towards him tightly and pushed the crowd until the two of you could get past.

He held your hand as the two of you ran down the street and an alleyway. He found a spot in a small alleyway that seemed secluded enough to stop.

"Holy shit, are you okay?" he sighed, out of breath.

You were stunned, "You just punched a guy, Finn!"

He laughed and cheered. He was high on adrenaline. Calming down eventually, he focused back on you. He caressed your cheek and wiped the tears that covered your face.

Finn apologized, "I'm sorry, y/n. I wish you didn't have to live like this - like -"

"Like you?" you finished his sentence and managed to smile. "I'm fine," you lied.

The two of you stood in silence. It didn't feel awkward. It just felt like time stopped. Finn pulled you into a close hug. One hand on the back of your head, the other on the small of your back. You wrapped your arms around his neck and squeezed. Time stopped again and you never wanted it to start again. You wanted to stay there forever.

Face in his chest, you mumbled, "Thank you."

And he chuckled.

{OOOO EXCITING STUFF HERE GUYS - I got a new computer and I'm writing on it now and it's so niceeeee}