"Oh." Avery giggled. "I hear them singing off and on. It's pretty cool."

  "Yeah, they're pretty cool." I nodded. "How've you been holding up? Feeling okay?" Avery nodded quickly, giving me the most fake smile that I think I've ever seen. I didn't want to bring it up, though, because Aimee was right here.

  "Hey Aims, how about ya watch some Netflix?" I asked, sliding my new phone out of my pocket and clicking on the Netflix app. Aimee was so obsessed with it that I had just gotten her a separate account from me, because in my recommended list it kept showing toddler shows.

  I set Aimee up with some Netflix across the room. She laid down on the couch with some Bear and the Big Blue House, and I hoped that it would keep her content for a bit. I smiled as I watched her sing along to the theme song, then going back to Avery's bed and planting a kiss on her cheek.

  "I'm sorry we can't go to Motel 6 today." Avery said sadly.

  "Yeah, about that..." I trailed off. "The nurse said that you told her you were in more pain, but you told me that you weren't. What's goin' on? You know you can tell me the truth." I said softly. I didn't want her to get the wrong impression and think that I was mad at her, because I wasn't.

  Avery blushed and sunk down in the bed.

  "It's just a little bit of pain, I'm fine." She lied.

  "No, it's not." I argued. "You're hurting. It's obvious."

  "I'm okay, I swear." She tried again.

  "No ya aren't, babe." I chuckled, leaning down and kissing her. "Please tell me what's up. You know that you can trust me and tell me exactly how you're feeling." I watched as Avery bit her lip.

  "Okay." Avery sighed. "To be honest, the bruises still really hurt. The nurse says that they're going to give me a scan just to double check that there isn't anything seriously wrong. I didn't want to tell you because I know how much you want to leave and how much you hate this place."

  I couldn't help it, I laughed.

  "Avery." I scolded. "You're lying in a hospital bed, in pain, and you're worried about what I want? Yeah, I don't like hospitals one bit and I'd like to go back to Motel 6, but right now all that I care about is that you get better. Don't pretend to feel better for me, okay?"

  "I feel bad." Avery sighed. "Now everyone else has to sleep here because their hotel is being mobbed and everyone's just waiting to leave for Motel 6 and I feel like I'm causing all this trouble." 

  Avery was something, all right.

  Avery was the type of person that hated to be a bother to people. She didn't like people going out of their way for her, didn't like people sacrificing things for her, didn't even like receiving things. And I knew why- it was because she wasn't used to it. So now that she was getting all of this stuff and people were going out of their way for her she didn't know how to react. She was humble and it was something that made me admire her and fall even more in love with her.

  "I forgot to tell ya, your mum and dad are coming in later today with Sam." I said.

  "What time?" She asked, her face lighting up. It was sweet to see how much she cared for her family.

  "I think their flight lands at around three, so maybe three thirty?" I guessed, scratching the back of my head. "They were worried sick about you, Ave. At least fifty search parties were goin' on for ya." She bit her lip and looked out the window.

  "And they didn't find..."

  "No, Jake and Kate are still out there somewhere." Their names put a bad taste in my mouth. "Just try not to worry, okay? Right now you need to rest. Besides, we've got people guarding the place and I'm not lettin' you get away from me any more." She smiled and nodded, leaning over to kiss me.

  "I think we're being watched." I chuckled, jerking my head over to Aimee, who was pretending to watch her show but really watching us. Avery laughed at Aimee hid behind a pillow on the couch, one of her pigtails still visible.

  "So do you think I'll be able to leave tomorrow?" Avery asked.

  "Only if you feel up to it." I said. "And I want you to tell me if you don't, okay? No more keepin' things from me." Avery sighed and raised her right hand.

  "No more keeping things from you, fine." She agreed. "And I actually do think that this new pain medication is working, so hopefully I'll be okay. I'm excited to go back."

  "Me too." I said, smiling.

  Suddenly, Liam burst through the door. It seemed like every time we had a little time to ourselves, there was always someone interrupting us. He wore a frown on his face and had a phone in his hands. 

  "Guys, it's Marcus." He said, his shoulders slumped. "They just got him checked in here and he's not doing so well... they're not sure if he's going to make it."

 .

.

.

a/n:

.

  NO MARCUS

  honest opinion, do you think i'm a good writer? bc right now i feel like all i do is rush chapters and i feel like such a crappy writer.

  anyways, i'm not leaving wattpad! there's been glitches happening on here that are really frustrating and annoying. if you don't know what I'm taking about, for some reason I went from fan fiction number one all the way down to number 220 or something. 

  BUT HOPEFULLY THE PROBLEMS WILL BE FIXED SOON.

  vote/comment/fan

.

  - x Delilah