nineteen • running away

Start from the beginning

He jumped from his seat, leaving unfinished gimbap on the table.

"Chan." he peeked from behind his mother. "Hi."

Chanyeol's eyes widened at the nickname but he smiled nevertheless, letting Baekhyun pull him in by his hand.

"We'll be upstairs if you need something, eomma!"

Chanyeol soon found himself in Baekhyun's bedroom  painted in warm afternoon sunlight. He was literally surrounded with books that were all over the room. In the corner there was old, brown coloured piano, and on Baekhyun's desk there was a bunch of books as well, mostly medical and volleyball ones. Two Mikasa volleyballs were lying on the floor next to his bed, meaning that Baekhyun too probably tosses it to himself whenever he can.

Chanyeol's attention was caught by something else though. Baekhyun's bedroom was not usual teenage one like his was. There were no posters, CDs, dirty clothes on the floor or anything else that would let you know a teenage boy lived in that very room. The only photograph in the room was placed on one of the shelves. Inside the frame two boys were smiling at the camera, one with shaved head and heart shaped smile, and the other one with very farmiliar smile to Chanyeol, naughty brown hair and a volleyball under his arm.

"That's him. We were twelve when that photo was taken." Chanyeol snapped back from trans he was in while exploring the room when Baekhyun spoke.

"It looks like you had a happy childhood together." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun stopped for a moment, looking at Chanyeol while the other still had his eyes on the photograph. People would usually say: "You must really miss him." or "You two seemed close." Baekhyun hated when people said obvious and stupid things like that.

But from that photo Chanyeol could see how happy they were back then, and that made Baekhyun think of the matter differently. Kyungsoo maybe was gone, but he gave him the most wonderful 17 years he could've asked for.

"We did." he said simply, sitting on his bed.

Chanyeol's attention was back on him, the corner of his lips tugged in a smile.

"Thank you." he said.

"What for?" Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"For letting me in."

--

"I don't think I'll ever get enough of this movie."

Baekhyun was settled comfortably against Chanyeol's chest, the taller caressing his moonlight silver hair during the entire movie. They somehow found themselves in that position while watching a movie on Baekhyun's bed. Neither of them tried making moves on another, and they didn't talk about what happened in the ambulance after the Qualifiers either.

Things felt natural though, so they let them happen naturally. They didn't pursue anything, but they both felt comfortable in each other's presence, like they've been doing that for years.

"But seriously, Howl's moving castle is the best animated movie ever. Or no, the best movie ever in general." Baekhyun got up from Chanyeol's chest, making sure not to lean against Chanyeol's broken arm.

"I like Spirired away more. Princess Mononoke is amazing, too." Chanyeol argued.

"No it's not. This one is the best."

"Spirited away is better."

"No it's not." Baekhyun leaned in, trying to act threatening.

"Yes, it is." Chanyeol smirked, leaning in as well.