Forever In The Night Book #1 Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

"Adrianna," She squealed. "Devion, oh hi. Why are you two together?"

"Uh," I didn't know what to say. I didn't want Shayla finding out something she wasn't supposed to.

"Hello," Devion held a hand out to Shayla, "I'm Adrianna's boyfriend."

Shayla gave a high pitched shriek and pulled me away. "Why didn't you tell me!?"

"Uh, I didn't even know." I stammered.

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"It was never official." I said.

"I thought you had your eyes on Mitchell." She said suddenly and calmed down, "Are you cheating on them?"

"No, Shayla, no," I tried to explain, "Things are a little complicated right now."

"Adrianna," She said franticly, "What kind of mess are you getting yourself into?"

"I, I never said I liked Mitchell." The words flew out of my mouth.

"Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how much he cares about you?" She was practically shouting. "Do you not notice the way he looks at you? Even I got it."

"Shayla," I begged, "Please don't tell anyone about this. This needs to stay a secret for now."

"Adrianna-"

"No! Shayla, listen to me." I begged. "Please, please, please do this for me. Keep this a secret for now. I promise I'll find to deal with it somehow."

"Okay." Shayla sighed. "Adrianna, I hope you know that when you play with fire, you might get burned."

"Of course! Bye Shayla, see you on Monday!"

Shayla left with her friends. I sighed in relief. I glared at Devion as I walked passed but didn't stop.

"Hey," Devion said before he followed me, "Adrianna, please wait." He grabbed my arm but I shoved it away.

"What is wrong with you Devion Vladimir!?" I snarled. Devion flinched at my harshness. "Don't even touch me!"

"Adrianna," He said hugging me from behind, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen."

"You didn't?" I screamed, "You you have any idea what shit you did? How could you say something like that to Shayla!? She might go and say something to Will or Mitchell!"

"I'm sorry. It was meant as a joke, but I guess she didn't take it that way. I'm sorry."

I sighed. I knew this anger wasn't just about the Shayla incident. It was everything since the fight with the demons. I was just lashing out my anger on Devion.

"I'm sorry. I guess nothing bad should happen." I calmed down, "I'm sorry for lashing out my anger on you."

"Do there's something else besides this?" He said taking me into his arms.

Devion and I sat down on the bench. "What's wrong?" He asked. "You can tell me, Adrianna."

"You know about the demon outbreak? Well I was there and I could help out. I dragged everyone down along with me. I feel so useless." I said grimly.

"Don't be." He said pulling me close, "You're just as good as them or even better. You just haven't gotten the hang of it yet."

"I know, but I still feel bad."

"I'll make you a promise. I'll start training you tomorrow?"

"Training me?" I looked at him. "What do you mean?"