Forever In The Night Book #1 Chapter Nine

Sure enough, Devion was standing outside in his normal black clothing.

"Hello, beautiful." He said.

I walked into his opened arms.

"You smell good." He murmured into my hair.

Devion's lips, oh his wonderful lips found their place in the world; with mine. His touch was familiar and the world seemed right again.

"Are you fine?" He asked noticing my disoriented expression and my scar. "What happened?"

"Do you know about the attacks?" I asked. "I made mother take me and I just got a little scratched."

"Little?" He gaped at the wound. "That's no little scratch. You must be careful. You're playing with my heart."

"Oh course I am." I whispered back and allowed him to twirl the end of my hair.

"Do you have anything planned? Will you be going to Mitchell after our little date? How was it, watching the city night lights."

I blushed. So he knew.

"Nothing was planned. He just kinda called, remember?"

Devion didn't say a word, but from his eyes, he didn't seem to mind. We got into his car and he drove off.

"Are you planning to introduce me to your family any time soon?" He asked.

"I think they're all pretty familiar with you already." I said shaking my head.

"Are they?"

Outside, it was beginning to rain. It came slowly first, but then grew into a steady rainfall.

"I love the rain." I mumbled.

"Do you? Why?" Devion asked. "I don't like it."

"I don't know." I'd always enjoy the rain, but there was never really a specific reason. "Maybe it's because it seems so peaceful and sad in ways."

"You like the sadness?" He wondered.

"I don't know. The rain reminds me of death in ways. The rain would come and wash away all the sadness and sorrow others left behind." I said softly.

"I always found the rain depressing, and it ruins my hair." He smiled.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"I have no idea." He voice sounded amused.

"Don't lie. Where are we going?" I said applying on lip balm.

"Well I'm going to the mall." Devion said, "I have to get myself a new coat."

"Why?" I asked.

"I want a new coat?" He looked at me, "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll get you something nice too."

I rolled my eyes.

Devion was at the shopping centre soon. Like normal, people were amazed at his car and girls everywhere looked at him. Hopefully, unfortunately for them, he only had eyes for me. It was eight thirty now, so we had a couple hours left to shop.

"Can we grab a bite first?" I asked. "I'm getting hungry."

"Always do what the lady says." He said.

While going up the escalator, I linked my fingers with Devion's. He turned to smile at me and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

I was in line with Devion getting some fries when I noticed a particular girl in the crowd. She had a short cut and wide eyes: Shayla. She and a group of girls I didn't know were sitting at a table not far from where I was standing. Then she got up and started to jump up and down and pointed at me. She rushed over to me.