Thirty One: Be My Valentine

Start from the beginning

"You won't be making anything for Tyler?" She asked.

A soft spot inside me is saying I should atleast give him something but the mere fact I don't even like him.. or confirmed that I like him..

If I did give him chocolates, wouldn't he expect too much?

"Should I really?" I cried out.

"Don't you think it's sad for Tyler? I mean, surely he is bound to prepare something for you.." Miley said, eyeing on me.

"Oh, fine. You are good in making me guilty." I scowled.

"Yay." She clapped.

"Just don't mess up or my mom will kill me."

--

"All done! Thank you so much Kim! I wouldn't have done this without you." Miley said, hugging me and flaunting her chocolates.

"Just to clear out, I am giving this to Tyler because he is my friend." I replied, clearing my statement.

Miley smirked and nudged me playfully.

"Oh sure, sure. Whatever you say."

I narrowed my eyebrows on her to indicate I am serious.

"Okay okay, I'll go." Miley winked after giving me a wet kiss on my cheek.

"Yuck.. Gross.. Miley, Go!"

She gave me one last wink and the door slammed shut.

I took the chocolates and left them in the freezer.

I checked the time only to see it's already five.

I groaned in frustration, school starts at seven, so I decided to do my morning routine ahead of time.

--

"There. All done!" I said to myself proudly as I brushe the last stroke of my hair and wore my uniform.

I'm sure the girls today won't be wearing their uniforms today, so I'm not surprised if I'll be the only one wearing one.

It's Valentine's for crying out loud, the day where girls wear skimpy outfits and lose their virginities.

If ever, there's one who's still a virgin.

I went downstairs shouting,

"Hello?"

Sadly, no answer.

I scurried downstairs and all the lights are off.

Funny.. it's odd how my mom's still asleep in this time.

It's already quarter to seven and no sign of any sudden movements.

All of a sudden, the candles that I haven't seen were there, lit up the dark aisle heading to the doorway.

Pink rose petals scattered everywhere.

How odd.

I smirked to myself as I reached for the door knob.

I was greeted by a smiling Tyler, holding a bouquet of pink roses, about.. a dozen maybe?

I smiled sheepishly as I saw my mom giggling behind him.

She's also part of this..

"Shall we go to school?" Tyler asked.

I bit my lip in embarrassment, my mom is witnessing all this you know, and nodded my head.

My mom threw a fit of giggles and I took the bouquet from his hand and placed it on the coffee table, taking out the handmade chocolates from the freezer.