Twenty: Proof of the Scars

♠ Troy Milton ♠

I woke up on the hospital bed, my mom there sobbing so loudly.

"What are you crying for?" I asked.

"You're awake!" Mom cried out, hugging me.

"Ow ow ow!"

"I'm sorry!" She apologized while letting go.

I quickly got up the hospital bed and mom was preventing me to do so.

"You can't go up yet--"

"I have school." I interrupted as I dragged my aching legs on the floor.

Mom wanted to stop me but she knows me very well that I don't like to be stopped.

I checked on the mirror to see my head wrapped in some kind of bandage which looks unattractive at all.

There were burns on my arms so I decided to wear my long sleeved shirt just in case.

I took off the bandage around my head and hurriedly took my school bag then storming out of the hospital.

Yes, my arms and legs hurt so bad but right now I am more engrossed with the fact that if Kimberly finds out I am the one chatting with her all this time--

I'm better off dead.

❁ Kimberly Wales ❁

*Chomp*

*Chomp*

*Sob*

*Sob*

*Chomp*

What are those irritating noises?!

I tried to open my eyes carefully when I saw mom sobbing so loudly while eating a submarine sandwich..

Submarine sandwich..?

Submarine sandwich..

Submarine sandwich..?!?

Submarine..

Sandwich..

Submarine.. sandwich...

SUBMARINE SANDWICH!! ♥♥♥

I quickly sat up from my bed even if I am hurting everywhere and it shocked mom so much it made the sandwich she's holding drop.

"For Pete's sake, Kimberly! Are you killing me of heart attack?!" Mom screeched.

"Sorry. I just.. submarine.." I replied dreamily, pointing at the sandwich on the floor, drool's probably slowly falling on my chin.

"Eew. Gross! Kimberly!" Mom said, tossing a handkerchief to me.

I slowly wiped the drool and mom took out a huge submarine sandwich from the brown paperbag.

I snatched it from her hands and gobbled it up in less than five minutes.

"Geez, you eat like a pig! You scarfed down that huge sandwich in three big bites and I thought you're going to have a hard time since you're chin has slight burns that might hurt.."

All of a sudden, after she mentioned it, I wiped off the crumbs from my face and moaned in pain.

Yes, I am like this, when you tell me like I have a wound somewhere I didn't even noticed in the first place, the pain will suddenly pop out of nowhere.

"It hurts!!!" I shrieked, touching my chin.

"I shouldn't've told you." Mom sighed.

"So what happened?" I asked curiously.